Executive Officer (EL1 Equivalent Level)
|Job Title:||Executive Officer (EL1 Equivalent Level)|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2021 10:17|
About the Role:
The Digital Solutions Division (DSD) is led by the Chief Information Officer (CIO) who provides high-level leadership, management, and strategic advice in relation to performance reporting and technology capabilities across the department’s system. The Digital Solutions Division is responsible for:
• the implementation and support of the Digital Health Strategy
• management of technology services and projects
• the development and implementation of a performance reporting framework
• statutory and intergovernmental reporting requirements
• management of the relationship and services delivery by technology vendors including Shared Services ICT
• development, implementation and maintenance of technology policies and procedures
• information management and information security.
The Executive Officer provides high-level advice and executive support to the Director, Office of the Chief Information Officer. This includes co-ordination of activities undertaken within the Office of the Chief Information Officer with supervision on day-to-day activities of staff within the office.
The Executive Officer is responsible for:
- Providing high-level executive support to the Senior Director, Office of the Chief Information Officer including writing, contributing and quality assuring a range of written briefs, agenda papers, reports, talking points, presentations and correspondence.
- Managing all coordination activities for DSD including the preparation and coordination of minutes and associated documentation, including follow up on action items. Acting as principal point of contact for issues, as required and maintaining knowledge of programs across the Division and Directorate.
- Managing the workflow of the Office of the Chief Information Officer, undertaking research, reviewing incoming documentation and preparing high quality and timely responses to enquiries and correspondence with accuracy and consistency, under board direction from the Senior Director, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
- Managing the office of the Chief Information Officer to ensure that the Senior Executive are always appropriately briefed, that matters are dealt with in a timely manner and lead a team of client-focused and professional staff.
- Managing the committee governance functions for DSD including the provision of secretariat services for the Technology Strategy Committee as well as overseeing the provision of secretariat services and reporting for all committees within the Division. Excellent writing capability is essential.
- Demonstrating self-drive and initiative to build and maintain strong positive and constructive relationships with the ability to work in a dynamic environment with limited supervision. Demonstrate initiative, flexibility, and self-management.
- Demonstrating effective communication skills, both in written and oral communication with an ability to identify and communicate critical issues, while maintaining integrity of points of detail.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operations of the Department.
- Experience in providing high-level professional support and coordination services in a technology environment requiring confidentiality and high levels of initiative and discretion within a high-pressure environment.
- Proven experience in the coordination and development (writing) of high-level documentation including Cabinet, Assembly and Ministerial briefings, submissions and correspondence including an appropriate level of attention to detail necessary for such documents.
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills, including experience writing for a range of audiences and formats including the provision of secretariat services.
- Demonstrated experience in providing support to an executive office and the ability to work with people across different levels.
- Demonstrated personnel management skills including the ability to lead a team to achieve results and deliver high quality outcomes.
- Exceptional organisational skills with proven ability manage competing demands, meet deadlines prioritise workloads and remain flexible to the demands of the business.
- Demonstrates a commitment to work, health and safety (WH&S) and displays behaviour consistent with the ACT Public Service Values and Signature Behaviours.
- Experience in personnel management and leadership
- Experience in writing a variety of high-level government documents.
- A minimum of three years’ experience providing executive support in a government environment.
- This role requires you to obtain and maintain an Australian Government NV1 security clearance, which will be sponsored by the Department. In order to be eligible for an NV1 security clearance, you must be an Australian citizen. If you are not successful in obtaining a Security clearance, your employment in the role will not commence. If already commenced, your employment will be terminated.
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
Application closing date: 31/03/2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, DDMM of your DOB, rate expectation exclusive Super, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and a short summary(optional) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0480 002 460 or email email@example.com for any further information.