Project Officer (#836-1)
|Job Title:||Project Officer (#836-1)|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2021 15:55|
About the Role:
Under limited direction the Project Officer will:
1. Develop and implement a plan to support the roll-out of the single-use plastic ban
2. Coordinate the development of fact sheets and tool kits to support businesses and community groups to transition to new products
3. Liaise with peak bodies and business groups to ensure all support meets the needs of the community
4. Coordinate workshops and events to engage business and community groups
5. Collaborate with other jurisdictions to share and align single use plastics information
6. Collaborate with government and non-government stakeholders to develop the plastic free events and plastic free precinct projects
7. Work with the Department's Communications to deliver public facing information about the changes; and
8. Work with the WEP team to address any impact the new products will have in consumer facing recycling and waste disposal information
9. Support broader work within the WEP team.
This position does not involve direct supervision of staff.
The following capabilities form the criteria that are required to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
1. Demonstrated experience in the development and roll out of stakeholder and community education, awareness or behaviour change projects.
2. Demonstrated experience in managing events, including logistics and administrative arrangements.
3. Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to develop information and resources suited to a variety of audiences.
4. Ability to work both self-directed and as a member of a team, and to manage competing priorities.
5. Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the Department's Values framework, workplace respect, equity and diversity framework, workplace health and safety best practice and industrial democracy principles and practice.
Contract term: 3 month initial contract
Eligibility/Other Requirements: Applicants must be Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen.
Estimated start date: ASAP (pending on successful national police check)
Application closing date: 31/03/2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, DDMM of your DOB, rate expectation exclusive Super, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and a short summary(optional) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0480 002 460 or email email@example.com for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Support Officer Level 4 (TSPV)
Project Support Officer Level 2 (TSPV)
4 x Project Support Officer level 2 (TSPV)
Project Support Officer – Multiple roles level 3 (TSPV)
Project Manager (NV1)