|Job Title:||Compliance Officer|
|Start Date:||2021-03-28 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Maria Fabello|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2021 11:37|
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Compliance Officers work in small teams to assist as many taxpayers as possible to understand and comply with their obligations, including payment, under taxation laws.
The successful applicant will have:
1. the ability to work as part of a small team
2. analytical skills and good judgment
3. the ability to process high volumes of work efficiently and accurately
4. good communication skills.
Key responsibilities include:
1. carry out debt recovery and compliance tasks, activities and functions as directed
2. liaise and negotiate with taxpayers and provide quality customer service
3. conduct searches of internal and external databases to gather relevant information and evidence
4. maintain appropriate records and maintain taxpayer privacy
5. general office administration duties and other related functions as directed
6. understand and work within the Department Code of Conduct and values of respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation, and model behaviour consistent with Respect, Equity and Diversity framework, and adhere to the Revenue Office Charter.
Note: Occupants may be rotated to other positions at the same level within the Revenue Management Division, as required.
WHAT YOU REQUIRE
The following capabilities form the criteria that are required to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
1. Provide quality customer service whilst contributing to team goals and outcomes.
2. Ability to process work accurately and meet competing deadlines.
3. Ability to use good judgement, solve problems and recognise areas for improvement.
4. Good written and oral communication skills and ability to negotiate with taxpayers.
Contract term: 6 months initial contract
Application closing date: 02/04/2021 at 9AM