Information Technology Officer (Desktop Support Officer)
|Job Title:||Information Technology Officer (Desktop Support Officer)|
|Salary:||$29.57 - $42.64 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2021 14:40|
About the Role:
The ICT Service Desk Officer position is primarily responsible for being the first point of contact for ICT requests and incidents raised by customers of Shared Services. As part of the Shared Services ICT Service Desk team, you will contribute to achieving positive service results within the parameters of team key performance indicators.
Your daily duties will encompass answering phone calls, responding to emails, first level troubleshooting, and recording of ICT requests or incidents. There is also the requirement to provide face-to-face on-site field support on a rotational basis.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The department utilises the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) to define the required ICT skill set. Applicants are not required to have this skillset, though it may be well regarded by the selection committee. Coaching will be provided to successful applicants to develop these skills while on the Service Desk. Further information on SFIA skills can be found at: https://www.sfia-online.org/en/framework/sfia-7/a-to-z-skills-collection.
1. Act as the routine point of contact for a variety of ACT Government Directorates. This includes responding to a broad range of service requests, gathering information to fulfil requests or enable resolution, providing first level troubleshooting and diagnosis, and promptly allocating unresolved issues as appropriate.
2. Assist with the development standards and apply these to track, monitor, report, resolve, or escalate issues. Contribute to creation of support documentation.
3. Identify and resolve issues with applications, following agreed procedures. Use application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carry out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
4. Follow agreed procedures: identify, register, and categorise incidents. Accurately record and categorise ICT incidents and requests. Maintain records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
5. Handle ICT requests and incidents using a variety of mediums, such as phone, email, web forms, live chat, and face-to-face.
6. Achieve service level expectations, meet business KPIs, and meet customer expectations.
WHAT YOU REQUIRE
This position does not involve direct supervision of staff but may require you to provide guidance and leadership as a floorwalker once fully trained.
The information below describes the capabilities that are required to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Professional/Technical Skills and Knowledge (PTK)
1. Ability to use, deploy, support, and maintain ICT infrastructure, systems, and applications, within a contemporary Microsoft Windows operating environment is desirable but not essential.
2. Technical skill and knowledge of a wide range of Microsoft products including the Office suite of applications.
Behavioural Capabilities (BC)
1. Well-developed customer service skills, including the ability to actively listen to customers while contributing to initiatives that aim to continually improve customer satisfaction and service delivery.
2. Ability to listen and communicate clearly (verbally and in writing) with a range of stakeholders at all levels, with a focus on customer needs and satisfaction. This includes demonstrating a high level of attention to detail, such as the ability to accurately clarify, check, and record information.
3. Ability to work effectively as a member of a dynamic, customer-focused team, including commitment to proactively assisting and supporting others while contributing to a positive workplace culture and customer experience.
4. Ability to follow directions and abide by policies and procedures to complete tasks.
5. Sound organisational skills, including the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, determine priorities, and demonstrate resilience in high pressure situations.
6. Demonstrate the ability to think analytically and make rational judgements from available information to provide accurate and professional decisions and advice.
Contract term: 6-month initial contract
Eligibility/Other Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizen. CMTEDD Baseline Clearance to be conducted by ACT Government, security pack to be sent to successful candidate. Driver’s license C is essential.
Hourly/Daily Pay Rate: $29.57 - $42.64 excluding superannuation
Estimated start date: ASAP (pending on successful national police check)
Application closing date: COB 12/04/2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, DDMM of your DOB, rate expectation exclusive Super, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and a short summary(optional) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0480 002 460 or email email@example.com for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's