APS4/5 Payroll Officer (Multiple Vacancies)
|Job Title:||APS4/5 Payroll Officer (Multiple Vacancies)|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||April 12, 2021 09:49|
About the Role:
The Payroll Services Team provides a Managed Payroll Service for ten government agency clients, servicing in excess of 6,000 employees, in order to enable them to increase productivity and concentrate on their core business.
Within the Payroll Services Team:
- The HR Systems Team is responsible for the management and administration of payroll and payroll systems, and processes associated with human resources data and reporting; and
- The Payroll Team manages the processing of pay and conditions of SDO clients.
- calculate and process a range of payroll services including, remuneration, superannuation, entitlements, leave, commencement and cessation of employees;
- undertake tasks of moderate complexity and work under general direction;
- work in a small team responsible for providing payroll services to a large client base;
- meet daily and weekly goals and organise own workload and make decisions within defined parameters;
- ensure client services are delivered within agreed timeframes, in line with the SDO Service Catalogue;
- advice to clients on a range of pay and employment conditions;
- research and advise on a range of legislation and policies, including collective agreements, related to complex employment conditions; delivery of quality client service;
- address and respond to customer enquiries and follow up any outstanding items with responsible officers;
- ensure personal compliance with SDO procedures and policies; and
- any other duties as requested by their manager/director.
As our ideal candidate you will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent working knowledge of the payroll functions including the processing of complex payroll transactions in accordance with documented processes and procedures;
- Reviewing and updating (when applicable) documents and assisting with continuous training of the teams
- Ability to effectively use payroll ERP systems to accurately process and retrieve information and process transactions. This includes driving technologies and embracing process changes and improvements;
- Ability to understand and interpret of Australian payroll related legislations (such as Public Service Act 1999, Superannuation Legislation and Acts, Maternity Leave Act 1973, Long Service Act and National Employment Standards) and policies of Australian Taxation Office, Australian Public Service Commission, Fair Work Australia, Remuneration Tribunal and Comcare to answer client queries.
- Ability to accurately interpret and apply client Enterprise Agreements and Determinations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Previous experience or within a large payroll environment and the ability to apply multiple conditions of employment.
Contract extensions: Possibility of 12 months options to extend
Eligibility/Other Requirements: To be eligible for temporary employment within the Australian Public Service you must be an Australian citizen. An AGSVA Baseline security clearance is required for this role.
Estimated start date: ASAP
Application closing date: 18/04/2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, rate expectation exclusive Super, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and a short summary telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0480 002 460 or email email@example.com for any further information.