|Job Title:||Security Specialist|
|Start Date:||2021-04-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||April 15, 2021 10:36|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for an experienced Security Specialist with a strong understanding of ICT security policy in government, and a background in large and complex projects is essential.
You will be responsible for undertaking technically complex work, under limited direction, utilising expertise in IT security analysis and compliance assessment. You will be responsible for documenting the risks and security controls for current-state and target-state solutions that help drive the modernisation agenda of our client.
This role will work closely with enterprise architects, business analysts, procurement specialists, ICT, and vendors to shape and inform the direction of modernisation activities. You will be expected to develop a firm understanding of our client’s risk appetite, as such the ability to identify, shape and describe opportunities and risks within the context of business outcomes and business problems will be essential.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Conducting security architecture reviews for solutions within the scope of the program including the collection of high-level security requirements, assessment of current-state security architecture and proposing target-state security architecture.
- Determination as to whether Australian Government PSPF and ISM controls are applicable to the assessment scope. Assessment of the level of readiness and effectiveness of applicable controls and documenting comments and evidence for each control.
- Development and/or review of the Statement of Applicability for solutions within the scope of the program.
- Development and/or review of Security Risk Management Plans including the documentation of implemented security controls.
- Development and/or review of System Security Plans including the documentation of information security threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Development and/or review of Incident Response Plans including the documentation of information security threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- The development and/or review of technical security documentation to support procurement.
- Participation in procurement evaluation activities, which may include the conduct of light-weight information security risk assessments.
- Undertake compliance assessments of proposed designs and/or technology solutions to ensure alignment with the Program architecture principles and standards.
- Provide analysis and judgement on complex issues and make significant contribution to the management, preparation and coordination of Program deliverables.
- 5+ years of demonstrated Experience working as a Security Specialist inside complex and large scale ICT projects/programs within Federal Government.
- Expert knowledge and experience in undertaking ICT security compliance and risk assessments Security documentation for both current-state and target-state.
- Proven ability to deliver information security solutions that meet business requirements and align with risk appetite and compliance obligations.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology.
- Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Sound working knowledge of Federal Government security policy.
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and budget parameters.
Location: Canberra OR Queensland
Contract Term: Until 30 June 2022 with 2 x 24 month extension options
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Friday, 23 April 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
ICT Security Specialist (Certifier) Level 5 (TSPV)
Security Risk and Policy Specialist level 6 (TSPV)
Cross Domain Security Engineer
Software Developer - Cyber Security (NV2)