Associate Security Specialist
|Job Title:||Associate Security Specialist|
|Start Date:||2021-04-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||April 15, 2021 10:49|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for an Associate Security Specialist with an understanding of ICT security policy in government.
You will be responsible for undertaking technically complex work, under the guidance and mentorship from senior security analysts utilising their expertise in IT security analysis and compliance assessment.
You will be responsible for documenting the risks and security controls for current-state and target-state solutions that help drive the modernisation agenda of our client. This role will work closely with enterprise architects, business analysts, procurement specialists, ICT, and vendors to shape and inform the direction of modernisation activities.
You will need to engage and communicate widely across key Federal Government departments managing whole-of-government initiatives. As such, strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills are essential.
This role is different. Our client is looking for an Associate Security Specialist who has a desire to deliver real outcomes, is comfortable working with ambiguity but will have the support from a senior team. They are looking for someone who wants to have an impact and contribute to a program that is making real change. They need people to contribute to their culture and who are committed to making the program a great place to work. They expect to challenge their recruits with new thinking and to be challenged themselves.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Determination as to whether Australian Government PSPF and ISM controls are applicable to the assessment scope. Assessment of the level of readiness and effectiveness of applicable controls and documenting comments and evidence for each control.
- Review of the Statement of Applicability for solutions within the scope of the program.
- Review of Security Risk Management Plans including the documentation of implemented security controls.
- Review of System Security Plans including the documentation of information security threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Development and/or review of Incident Response Plans including the documentation of information security threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- The development and/or review of technical security documentation to support procurement.
- Undertake compliance assessments of proposed designs and/or technology solutions to ensure alignment with the Program architecture principles and standards.
- Provide analysis and judgement on complex issues and make significant contribution to the management, preparation and coordination of Program deliverables.
- Develop and actively manage key internal and external relationships including maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Liaising with vendors, ICT, and system integrators in relation to information security matters to facilitate Program outcomes.
- Provide high quality and timely advice internally and externally, including guidance and reporting to security team leadership
- Communicate using professional judgement, evaluating risks and in the context of a complex and changing environment.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed by the Program management team from time to time.
- Demonstrated Experience working in a security role inside complex and large scale ICT projects/programs.
- Knowledge and experience in undertaking ICT security compliance and risk assessments security documentation for both current-state and target-state.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology.
- Proven ability to communicate with influence and negotiate.
- Working knowledge of Federal Government security policy.
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and budget parameters.
Location: Canberra OR Queensland
Contract Term: Until 30 June 2022 with 2 x 24 month extension options
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Friday, 23 April 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's