Cloud Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Cloud Systems Engineer|
|Start Date:||2021-04-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||April 15, 2021 11:26|
One of our Private clients is looking for an experienced Cloud Systems Engineer who will be responsible for supporting strategic ICT projects and sustainment activities focused on mission area platforms. This position will contribute to vision realisation and includes technical design, integration and enhancement activities with a strong focus on security requirements.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Lead the configuration, testing and deployment of a number of cloud system architectures, including current, transitional and target state, based on mission area strategies and plans
- Contribute to the sustainment and enhancement of existing and future capabilities underpinning operational networks and systems
- Ensure cloud system solution designs are implemented with strict adherence to security requirements.
- Actively engage with stakeholders to elicit requirements and communicate relevant progress of activities
- Validate business requirements and traceability to solution designs and configurations
- Provide leadership in the progression and resolution of cloud system engineering issues
- Provide specialist cloud system advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required
- Demonstrated ability to work under broad direction and meet allocated technical, business and/or project objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and meet milestones.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to assign tasks and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to perform an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities.
- Demonstrated ability to apply fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts and advise on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to own specialism and make appropriate choices from alternatives.
- Demonstrated understanding of the relationship between own specialism and wider customer/organisational requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives.
- Demonstrated creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder.
- VMware VCP/VCAP/VCDX Data Centre/Network/Cloud Management & Automation or equivalent;
- AWS Professional Solution Architect/DevOps Engineer or equivalent;
- A tertiary degree in the STEM field.
- On-premises Virtualisation – VMware vSphere, VMware Horizon, VMware NSX, Cisco ACI, Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes, OpenStack;
- Public Cloud – AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud.
Contract Term: 18 months with 1 x 12 month extension option
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold a current NV1 Security Clearance (minimum).
How to Apply:
Applications close Tuesday, 20 April 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's