Property Upgrades Manager / Project Manager
|Job Title:||Property Upgrades Manager / Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||April 21, 2021 17:01|
About the Role:
This position manages an allocated set of property upgrade projects on ACT Government properties. Using technical skill and experience in maintenance and upgrade of properties the person in this role delivers projects from inception to the completion of the defects period, assisting clients to ensure the ACT Government receives high quality, technically proficient services in a timely manner. People in these roles will generally have a building trades or building management background and are able to provide technical advice when required.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under general direction, undertake work required for the delivering the team’s responsibilities and tasks which may include:
- Manage the delivery of planned upgrades and maintenance projects on behalf of ACT Government customers. This includes scoping work in consultation with clients, developing technical and tender documentation, evaluating proposals and determining successful contractors, managing the project through to completion, inspecting work in progress to ensure the highest standards and requirements are adhered to and maintaining relevant records, including information to be transferred to the building custodian.
- Under limited supervision, either individually or leading/mentoring a small team:
• Provide high-level expertise and advice on building services and in particular building construction works;
• High level project and contract management to enable the delivery of a range of building services and works that meet customer requirements;
• Undertake Site Safety Checks pursuant to WHS legislation.
- Deliver projects in a customer and client focussed manner including ensuring: clear agreement from client on scope of works; building custodians, customers and building occupants are informed of work programs, and contractor attendance; managing or providing information at Project Control Groups; managing communications for the project; and ensuring customers and clients are aware of feedback mechanisms.
- Ensure compliance with the team’s organisational, legislative and legal obligations, including but not limited to meeting relevant requirements of Australian Standards, WH&S legislation, Property Risk Management, environmental legislation, Building Code of Australia and Property Projects & Services Section’s accredited Quality systems.
- Utilise computer programs including Microsoft Office suite, asset management programs, databases and property management programs to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Understand and work within the ACTPS Code of Conduct and ACTPS values of respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation, and model behaviour consistent with the ACTPS Respect Equity and Diversity framework.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the section and organisation.
- This position may involve supervision of staff.
The following capabilities form the criteria that are required to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Professional / Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated building, project management, contract supervision and procurement experience and skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and delivery of contemporary project management practice.
- Well developed communication (written and oral), interpersonal, representational and negotiation skills, including demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Proven ability to work with others to lead and model an innovative and positive team culture.
- Qualifications in a relevant technical field (Project Management, Property Management, or similar) and/or building trades certification with significant building and infrastructure and/or project management experience;
- Hold or have the capacity to obtain
- Hold or have the capacity to obtain White Card and Asbestos Awareness.
- Hold or have the capacity to obtain Work Health and Safety qualifications (Certificate IV)
- a current driver’s licence (car)
Membership of a relevant professional association and qualification/s in Procurement, Contract Management or Work Health and Safety are highly desirable.
Contract term: 6-month contract
Eligibility/Other Requirements: To be eligible for temporary employment within the ACT Public Service you must be in Australia on a visa with work rights or be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. CMTEDD security clearance is required for this role.
Estimated start date: ASAP (Pending on successful national police check)
Application closing date: 27/04/2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, DDMM of your DOB, rate expectation exclusive Super, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and a short summary(optional) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0480 002 460 or email email@example.com for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's