Senior SOC Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior SOC Analyst|
|Salary:||$0 - $157 per hour|
|Start Date:||2021-04-27 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||April 28, 2021 15:38|
One of our Private clients is looking for an experienced Senior SOC Analyst to help provide situational context to incidents researched by the SOC and interface with the customer Cyber Security Engineer to maintain the SIEM use cases and platform.
You will need to have extensive experience in incident response, and be adept working in a high tempo team based environment. Significant experience in Splunk ES is essential to this role, along with other SIEM platforms. This is a business hours role helping to support our client’s 24x7 Canberra SOC operations.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Escalation point for Tier 1 and Tier 2 resources for technical expertise
- Interface with the Verizon Forensics team on priority incidents
- Keep current with the threat landscape and provide insight on trends to our customers
- Continual improvement of SOC processes and procedures
- Analysis and tuning of the SIEM platform
- Threat Hunting utilizing a range of tools and processes
- Use case development for the customer deployment leveraging our global threat library team.
- Work with the service team on reporting and metrics relevant to security incidents
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with customers at a business level
- Tertiary Level qualification in Computer Science, IT or equivalent
- ITIL Foundations training / certification
- 5-7 years working in a SOC or Incident Response team
- Formal Splunk qualifications and SANS GIAC
Contract Term: 12 months
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold a current NV1 Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Tuesday, 04 May 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's