|Job Title:||UX Researcher|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||May 04, 2021 11:26|
The Department is seeking an experienced UX researcher to help shape our client register products, processes and services using UX principles and data driven insights.
You’ll be a part of a multi-disciplinary team that builds world class government register services. Through your work you will have the opportunity to improve the user experience for millions of Australian citizens. As part of this team you’ll work to transform the Departments approach to maintaining and managing client details and services.
You’ll need to be able to apply your highly developed UX, research and analytical skills to take complex language and processes and make them simple to understand. While you’ll be responsible for your performance and work ethic, we’re looking for team players – our teams succeed and fail together.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 5yrs experience required
- Proven experience in user research for large projects
- Ability to lead and deliver user research engagements from end-to-end in a team environment (including planning, designing, running/facilitating, analysis and reporting)
- Experience using both qualitative and quantitative methods will be required
- Champion of User Centred Design (UCD) and the DTA’s Digital Service Standard (DSS)
- Experience in using metrics and user feedback to improve products and services.
- Knowledge of Design Thinking methodologies and ability to use them alongside your team to deliver on projects
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills and the ability to articulate and present solutions, ideas and recommendations
- Exceptional communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling and coordinating multiple pieces of work
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of an Agile team and participate in Agile ceremonies
- Ability to support the delivery of all work in the team, not just research related components.
- Ability to have a growth mindset and skill share with others
Location and Contract Term: This role can be based in Canberra or Brisbane (Chermside). Contract till end October 2021 with 3 x 3 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 6 May
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information