APS6 Financial Accountant
|Job Title:||APS6 Financial Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||May 04, 2021 17:18|
About the Role:
The Financial Accountant will provide financial accounting services and advice on all aspects of financial statements, taxation, asset management, accounting policies, procedures, accounting standards, investment and treasury management, external financial reporting and monthly end processes.
The Financial Accountant will provide technical accounting advice and support to the agency'ss employees on finance policy, processes, systems and issues while promoting and managing complex relationships with internal and external clients, stakeholders and service providers. The Assistant Financial Accountant will research, analyse, review and evaluate accounting issues, implement policies, procedures and processes, whilst initiating a passion for continuous improvement and drive a change program.
The Financial Accountant will have management skills that demonstrate an ability to achieve organidational objectives through successful planning techniques. The Accountant will also possess a high level of accounting, skills, knowledge and experience in addition to participating, contributing and collaborating within large teams.
- Manage end-of-month process including month-end journals, assets addition, deletion and depreciation.
- Prepare balance sheet accounts reconciliation.
- Assist in preparing annual financial statements and relevant notes for Comcare and the Seacare Authority
- Prepare Monthly Actuals and Annual Actuals reporting to Department of Finance through CBMS for Comcare and the Seacare Authority
- Respond to audit enquiries (internal and external audits).
- Co-ordinate the asset stocktake and re-valuation process.
- Provide secretariat services to the Comcare Investment Committee.
- Provide accurate and useful financial information and advice to internal and external stakeholders, and identify and implement business improvements
- Commit to, promote and model the APS Values and APS Code of Conduct.
- Extensive experience in a public sector financial accounting area.
Contract term: 6-12 months contract or non-ongoing
Eligibility/Other Requirements: To be eligible for temporary employment within the Australian Public Service you must be an Australian citizen. AGSVA Baseline security clearance is required for this role
Estimated start date: ASAP (Pending on reference check)
Application closing date: COB 10/05/2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, rate expectation exclusive Super, notice period, and a short summary(optional) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.