UX Designer / Front End Developer
|Job Title:||UX Designer / Front End Developer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||May 06, 2021 17:22|
The role will be responsible for driving a human-centric approach to service delivery, with a focus on understanding customer, business, and technology needs and balancing these to deliver effective digital services. This is an opportunity to play an integral part in the transformation of government services and deliver fast, simple and user-centric services.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to support multiple departmental digital initiatives, and service improvements for public-facing and internal services, as part of agile multi-disciplinary teams, in the Corporate and Digital Division.
They will work in multi-disciplinary teams to design and develop product improvements, features, user flows, user interfaces, and front-end enhancements.
The successful candidate will work closely with others in the team to:
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team, to help define a minimum viable product (MVP) that can be deployed, iterated and improved to add additional value, based on user feedback.
- Lead design and front-end development activities, participating in identifying appropriate design methods, and planning and undertaking a range of ideation activities to seek out diverse ideas and concepts.
- Effectively scope, plan, and contribute to design activities including prototyping, testing, and evaluation of service performance.
- Design and develop wireframes and interactive prototypes for process flows and screens while leveraging off existing models and working within an existing design system.
- Work closely with the team’s user researcher to translate findings from usability testing into improvements for the user interface.
The team is primarily co-located in Canberra, ACT. However, flexible remote working options are available for part of the week, and will need to be negotiated
Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrated experience designing wireframes, user interfaces, and interactive prototypes with a high attention to detail and ability to rapidly prototype, test, and iterate designs. - 30%
- Effective communication skills with the ability to work with and influence multiple stakeholders, and clearly articulate design decisions through a well-conceived rationale. - 20%
- Experience in working with others to translate findings from usability testing into actionable improvements to a user interface. - 20%
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary ICT delivery team.
- Tertiary Qualifications in a design related discipline (Human Factors, Communication/Graphic Design, Systems Design, Psychology, Computer Interaction, Web development etc.).
Canberra Based – 12 Month Contract with 2 x 12 Month extension options
Must be an Australian Citizen. Must have current baseline security clearance
How to Apply:
Applications close 12 May 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's