IT Cyber Security Architect
|Job Title:||IT Cyber Security Architect|
|Start Date:||2021-05-06 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2021 09:09|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking an Cyber Security Architect who will be working in their Design and Architecture (D&A) team and allocated to streams of work in the Cyber Security Uplift program as well as providing oversight to other streams, initiatives and internal security posture/patterns..
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Designing and the management and adoption of Cyber Security controls across infrastructure, applications and data
- Designing in conjunction with engaged suppliers, solution and security designs (both high level and very detailed) and associated functional specifications
- Reviewing and providing guidance on overall security design across projects
- Scoping and designing the overarching solution and infrastructure designs in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts, Project Managers and Solution and Infrastructure Designers
- Liaising with customer facing groups as needed to understand client and customer needs in a rapidly evolving environment
- Making solution and infrastructure design decisions that ensure effective, secure, scalable, convergent, flexible and manageable solutions of high standards
- Ensuring the quality of technical solutions developed by other Solution & Infrastructure Designers
- Determining resource and capacity requirements for the solutions
- Considering automation and deployment in a distributed architecture
- Producing very detailed infrastructure designs including coverage of IP addresses and firewall rules
- Assisting in the development and implementation of migration plans
- Following mandatory and recommended practices of the reference architects when designing solutions.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology and relevant work experience.
- Strong exposure to Applications, Cloud Infrastructure, IT Risks and experience implementing Security Solutions.
- Extensive experience in security design and architecture with a focus on security performance and reliability
- Experience with M365, Azure and AWS Security features and services.
- Generalist broad security architecture and design expertise
- Experience with Linux operating systems Windows operating Systems, F5 hardware application delivery controllers and WAF, Database platforms (MS SQL, Oracle), Enterprise grade storage arrays, Cisco Firepower Thread Defence appliances, FortiGate Firewall, Checkpoint Firewall and networking (Network Security as a Service, Secure Access service edge, SD-WAN) are required.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud (Azure and AWS) security constructs and implementations meeting the ACSC, ISM controls and guidance an ability to include these in design and implementation.
- Experience in large Datacentre Migrations, understanding phased migrations and impacts, Availability, Backups and Disaster Recovery - Planning and execution
- Extensive experience in driving solutions, security architecture and designs focused on Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- Experience architecting security posture in conjunction with a range of infrastructure technologies - VMware, AirWatch MDM, Windows Operating Systems, Linux operating System, Active Directory, MS SQL, F5 application delivery controllers, Azure, AWS and O365 services.
- Experience with consuming reference architecture, roadmap, policies, and standard patterns.
- Experience and Certification in ITIL V3 processes for Service Strategy, Design, Transition, Operation, and Continual Service Improvements.
Contract Term: 6 months with a 1 x 6 month extension option
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Tuesday, 11 May 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
IT Security Practitioner (Security Architect and Accreditation) level 4 (TSPV)
Cyber Security Project Coordinator
IT Application Architect (NV1)
Security Architect level 5 (TSPV)
Security Architect – Multiple positions level 5 (TSPV)