Azure Cloud Engineer
|Job Title:||Azure Cloud Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||May 18, 2021 16:52|
As part of the wider Cloud Services section under the Cloud Engineering team, this role will be enabling and supporting the cloud journey by driving fast paced delivery and support of Department cloud platform. The role will be working with Azure on a true enterprise scale towards delivering an automated, robust and secure cloud environment. Cloud Services are looking to engage skilled and experienced Cloud Engineers to support the Department adoption of Software, Platform and Infrastructure ‘as a service’ offerings. This group is rapidly building a top-notch Cloud engineering capability and culture, adopting the industry best practices.
• Orchestrate and Automate cloud-based platforms throughout the organisation.
• Lead and develop best practices for the larger Cloud Engineering team.
• Plan, design and develop cloud-based application infrastructure.
• Design and Build the cloud environments in accordance with the standard technical and security guidelines.
• Work as a technical resource on enabling IaaS or PaaS services across the public cloud for hosting workloads.
• Build and configure the Containers to support the Departments hosting strategy
• Provide knowledge transfer and BAU handover including documentation
Skills and Experience Required:
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of Azure technologies and cloud architectures
• Minimum 3 years’ experience designing, documenting, and implementing cloud-based architectures for large, complex enterprise systems
• Expertise in proven diverse technical skills across infrastructure, networks, security and applications.
• Strong experience in automation, tooling and refining processes across the public cloud
• Broad skills across infrastructure Office 365, AD Azure, Exchange Online, SharePoint
• Experience working with Kubernetes and Container technologies (Docker & OpenShift)
• Excellent understanding of automation and automated config management and CI/CD pipelines
• Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management
• Skills to implement & manage orchestration tools & automation of the full technical stack
• Fluent in one or more of the following scripting platforms: Python, NodeJS, PowerShell or Bash & tools such as Ansible or Terraform
• Strong background configuring and supporting Azure services.
• Experience working with technologies like ARM templates, PowerShell, Jenkins, GIT.
• Strong background in infrastructure-as-code development
• Experience in networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
• Demonstrated ability to identify common risks in the Cloud, and formulate and execute cloud strategies
Location and Contract Term: These positions are available in Canberra, Melbourne CBD and Brisbane CBD. Contract till end June 2022 with 1 x 12 month contract extension option pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance is required, or the ability to obtain and maintain.
How to Apply:
Applications close 21 May.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Cloud Automation Engineer – multiple positions Level 4 (TSPV)
Cloud Application Developer Level 4 (TSPV)
Cloud Infrastructure Developer (multiple positions level 4 (TSPV)
Cloud Application Developer – Technical Team Lead Level 5 (TSPV)