AWS Cloud Engineer
|Job Title:||AWS Cloud Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2021 16:10|
As part of the wider Cloud Services section under the Cloud Engineering team, this role will be enabling and supporting the cloud journey by driving fast paced delivery and support of the Departments cloud platform. The role will be working within the Department on a true enterprise scale towards delivering an automated, robust and secure cloud environment. Cloud Services are looking to engage skilled and experienced Cloud Engineers to support the Departments adoption of Software, Platform and Infrastructure ‘as a service’ offerings. This group is rapidly building a top-notch Cloud engineering capability and culture, adopting the industry best practices.
• Orchestrate and Automate cloud-based platforms throughout the organisation.
• Lead and develop best practices for the larger Cloud Engineering team.
• Plan, design and develop cloud-based application infrastructure.
• Design and Build the cloud environments in accordance with the standard technical and security guidelines.
• Work as a technical resource on enabling IaaS or PaaS services across the public clouds for hosting workloads.
• Build and configure the Containers to support the Departments hosting strategy
Skills and Experience Required:
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of AWS technologies and cloud architectures
• Minimum 3 years’ experience designing, documenting, and implementing cloud-based architectures for large, complex enterprise systems
• Expertise in diverse technical skills across infrastructure, networks, security and applications.
• Experience working with Kubernetes and Container technologies (Docker & OpenShift)
• Skills to implement & manage orchestration tools & automation of the full technical stack
• Fluent in one or more of the following scripting platforms: Python, NodeJS, PowerShell or Bash & tools such as Ansible or Terraform
• Solid Experience in configuring and supporting AWS services.
• Strong background in infrastructure-as-code development
• Experience with cloud related automation (AWS Automation, Powershell, TFE, Jenkins, GIT, Artifactory, Jira)
• Experience in networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
• Demonstrated ability to identify common risks in the Cloud, and formulate and execute cloud strategies
• Experience in EC2, S3, Cloudformation, Lambda, StepFunction, SNS, SQS, AWS CLI
• Experience using AWS cloud native tools to review, manage and monitor cloud services
• Certification(s) in AWS Cloud (Desirable)
• Knowledge on Azure, GCP and VMware/vSphere Virtualization (Desirable)
Location and Contract Term: This role can be based in Canberra, Adelaide, Sydney CBD, Melbourne CBD or Brisbane CBD. Contract till July 2022 with 1 x 12 month contract extension option pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 28 May.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Network Cloud Engineer
VMWare Cloud Foundation Administrator (TSPV)
Cloud Application Developer Level 4 (TSPV)
Cloud Infrastructure Developer Level 4 (TSPV)
Cloud Application Developer – Technical Team Lead Level 5 (TSPV)