Backup and Storage Administrator
|Job Title:||Backup and Storage Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2021 16:21|
The Backup Administrator will be a part of a small team supporting and working towards delivering an automated, robust and secure environment. You will be working as a productive, diligent and supportive member of a small team with proven ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships and work under pressure to meet deadlines and maintain services.
• Monitor daily backup jobs and systems, troubleshoot/remediate failures, and escalate repeat failures to server support teams and/or appropriate suppliers.
• Design and distribute backup reports to system owners and stakeholders.
• Work with system/application architecture in close collaboration with application owners, developers, end-users and stakeholders.
• Administer global backup solutions in keeping with long-term strategic plan for backup system management and platform maturity, including cross-platform/multi-cloud recovery, business continuity/disaster recovery, automation and cost optimization.
• Follow and contribute processes and procedures to be used by all responsible parties in system deployment, maintenance, and administration activities in accordance with ATO policies, industry standards, and recommended practices.
• Participate in upgrades, data migrations, system refreshes, etc.
• Perform critical incident response, troubleshooting, and remediation activities during outages or periods of performance degradation.
• Represent the team in change management processes for planned activities that might impact critical backup system availability, replication, or performance.
• Work with the DBA team to provide supplemental support for enterprise storage solutions.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience Required:
• Represent the team and provide advice and assistance relating to the Windows and Linux operating stack to management and stakeholders.
• Build and maintain backup and restoration procedures over multiple cloud providers.
• Work with the current ticket management system (Service Now) to ensure adequate requirements are captured to action a ticket and route to the right team.
• Proven ability to write operational, architectural and user documentation.
• Work with the application teams to provide backup and restoration support including:
o Complex incident and problem resolution
o Service upgrades, patching and installations
• Provide strategic guidance, leadership to team members including developing, coaching and mentorship of junior or less experienced staff
• Assess and comment on Architectural and Design documentation as required for new systems.
• Ability to Work in agile team environment to troubleshoot backup related issues in Development, Test and Production environments
• Apply technical skills to design, implement and support workable solutions to meet business requirements.
Location and Contract Term: This role can be based in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide. Candidate must have the ability to WFH and may be required to attend the office. Contract till July 2022 with 3 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 28 May.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
ICT Storage Architect level 6 (TSPV)
Security Administrator and Monitoring– Multiple positions Level 4 (TSPV)
Web Manager and Content Administrator Level 4 (TSPV)
ICT Systems Administrator (Storage and Backup) level 3 (TSPV)
ICT Systems Administrator (Storage and Backup) - Multiple level 5 (TSPV)