|Job Title:||Network Engineer|
|Start Date:||2021-05-24 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||May 25, 2021 15:05|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking an experienced Network Engineer with 3 to 5 years experience with a strong understanding of network infrastructure and hardware. A self-starter able to work under pressure, independently under limited guidance as well as comfortable working in a team environment.
You will be a key member of a small team responsible for overseeing a number of critical network projects and supporting upcoming departmental events. You will also be utilising your IT and engineering skills to undertake routine hardware, software and network maintenance, and contribute to the performance of the team by developing and documenting common procedures. Liaising with other IT teams and vendors will be key.
Experience in video conferencing, IPTV, Internet radio, video screens and other Audio Visual equipment would be an advantage.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of switch, router and firewall hardware with experience configuring VLANs and patching cables within Comms cabinets.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot networking and connectivity issues.
- Ability to develop strong internal and external working relationships to facilitate collaboration, clear lines of communication and to deliver on AEC’s strategic objectives.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation using attention to detail, such as developing migration plans, bill of materials, and technical manuals and procedure documents.
- Experience supporting, configuring and troubleshooting large display screens, video conferencing equipment and IPTV systems.
- Configuring, managing and troubleshooting WiFi networks.
- Familiar with portable devices such as iPads and tablets.
- Experience working in an IT security conscience environment.
Contract Term: 6 months with 1 x 6 month extension option
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold a current NV1 Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Thursday, 03 June 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's