|Job Title:||Solution Architect|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||May 26, 2021 10:14|
• Develop/Maintain architectural roadmap which covers current state, transition states and target state solution architectures.
• Collaborate with the Solution Designers and business leads in the MBR project team to ensure there is a clear understanding of the business requirements.
• Carry out high level analysis and design of all components required to provide a high-level logical solution for the MBR project and/or components of it.
• Proactively deliver innovative ICT solution consultancy services that support the business and ICT needs.
• Ensure the architecture is capable of meeting functional needs but also non-functional requirements such as high resilience, secure and performant.
• As a part of your leadership oversight, you will apprise senior executives of the projects, or enterprise solutions your team are supporting.
• Provide technical leadership in project activities and provide technical support to project managers.
• Liaise with all areas of Enterprise Systems and Technology (EST), with particular emphasis on solution architecture, other architecture domains and delivery leads, ensuring compliance with the Departments enterprise architecture.
• Require development of solutions to specific business problems through planning, designing and overseeing the technical design across applications, infrastructure and the data required.
• Require good communication skills and an ability to convey architectural solutions and concepts that can be understood by a non-technical audience.
• Work with MBR teams, users, architects and analysts to define the high-level logical solution including the development / reuse of Business Interfaces.
• Document and present architecture designs at internal and external forums, and architectural governance bodies for approval.
• Ensure all design work and deliverables align to Enterprise standards and practices.
• Maintain a complete and version-controlled set of documentation that underpin the high-level design solution.
• Contribute to the architectural practice within the data domain.
• Plan, coordinate and manage allocated resources, work area priorities and workflows to ensure continuity and drive outcomes.
• Anticipate future challenges in the Departments IT requirements and position the Deparment to meet these challenges and remain up to date with IT industry and market trends, incorporating them into the Department enterprise architecture.
• Lead the MBR Technical Design Authority (TDA). Set the agenda, bring the right stakeholders together for consultation and drive issues resolution/outcomes.
• Liaise with ASIC regarding IT enterprise system alignment, system impacts and synchronisation.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Formal qualifications in an Information Systems related discipline from a recognised tertiary institution or demonstrated equivalent skills, certifications or experience.
• Experience in developing high level architecture designs for large, complex multi-agency ICT solutions.
• Demonstrated experience in designing and documenting high level application designs that meet defined business requirements.
• Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills with an emphasis on a business approach to problem solving.
• Ability to manage and maintain the enterprise program architecture solution, including changes to systems and enterprise patterns.
• Extensive experience working in complex and dynamic business and technical environments and in the integration of systems and applications.
• Understanding of Agile/Lean methodologies.
Location and Contract Term: Role is offered across Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Sydney. Contract till July 2021 with 1 x 12 month contract extension option pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 1 June 2021.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's