IT Project Manager
|Job Title:||IT Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||June 01, 2021 11:23|
The IT Project Manager role will bring specialist skills in support of project teams within the SIG Project to manage all project compliance commitments. Knowledge of Cloud services in a large Enterprise will certainly compliment a strong IT background and Project Management skillset. The role will benefit from building productive working relationships within and between program and project stakeholders and working under pressure to meet deadlines. The right candidate would bring leadership and experience to create opportunities to optimize and mitigate risks. The role will also demand the production of quality process documentation, effective client engagement and primary contact for project teams.
• Manage and lead an IT project team in the completion of projects, which may fit within broader Department business-led projects; ensure delivery of activities within timeframes and quality requirements.
• Has extensive experience in project management building new capabilities
• Work with the Department data centre team, SIG program team and the SIG vendor to create a transition plan of applications that needs to be transition and prioritise them base on pre-defined and aligned principles
• Lead the development of strategies within one or more domains of specialisation
• Translate complex business strategies, goals and issues into tactical and strategic initiatives across multiple areas of specialisation
• Manage the development and delivery of position papers to support new business initiatives, business cases, risk assessments, new patterns, reference architectures and standards for initiatives which are not in-pattern for the standard Department environment
• Be accountable for researching, analysing and providing a high level of advice to senior management and a wide range of stakeholders. The Project Management initiate, establish and maintain strong strategic relationships with key stakeholders to progress negotiate and/or achieve business outcomes
• Be accountable for managing allocated resources, working with external providers, setting work area priorities, managing workflows, developing strategies and evaluating business outcomes
• Build and sustain mutually beneficial relationships, consult and share information with own team, build the skills of staff through knowledge transfer and maximise team strengths to achieve project and business outcomes • Display, educate and transfer knowledge to others, guide and mentor less experienced employees and work collaboratively to achieve business outcomes Job Requirement and Skills
• Builds and sustains positive relations with key stakeholders across the Department, with external service providers and vendors
• Is an excellent communicator who recognises and resolves impediments, solves complex problems, identifies patterns and manages dependencies across a broad stakeholder group
• Engage with internal and external stakeholders on complex and sensitive issues in order to provide or obtain information and negotiate relevant outcomes
• Understand and operate within the Department project management methodology, provide expert advice on project intent, deliverables, progress and outcomes
• Evaluate project outcomes, the broader impacts and implications of IT-project activities and escalate issues outside of delegation
• Operate in a professional manner when undertaking assurance reviews of any externally provided products or services against contract requirements
Skills and Experience Required:
• Three or more years project management experience in I.T.
• ITIL or ITSM certifications preferred. PMP certifications desirable.
• Thrives in collaborative environment
• Good communications skills, with customers, team and stakeholders
• Business & IT strategy experience
• Customer-focused mindset
• Knowledge of related software tools
• Proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to ProjectManager.com, JIRA, MS Excel, etc.
Location and Contract Term: This is a Canberra based role. Contract till December 2021 with 2 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 3 June.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's