Senior Visual Designer
|Job Title:||Senior Visual Designer|
|Start Date:||2021-06-03 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||June 04, 2021 17:15|
This role will also design and develop assets for events, communities, engagement, and communications across a range of media including web, print, and video. This role will suit a highly motivated designer looking to develop their creative skills and make their mark with a newly created and strategic brand. As part of the Events, Communities and Communications team, the successful applicant will support the Content and Digital Lead and Team Lead to:
• produce high quality, on-brand work including graphic design, photography, video and audio
• manage and apply the Digital Profession brand to designs in different contexts including merchandise, banners, event collateral, and graphics for social media, print and web
• support the ongoing development and enhancement of the Digital Profession brand
• collaborate with designers, writers, user researchers, developers and communications specialists to make sure all content is on brand
• provide technical support for the delivery of high-quality outsourced products from external partners
• provide design support across the Digital Profession Branch
• maintain accessibility standards to WCAG 2.1 (AA) in all design work. Please note:
• The Department is primarily a PC environment. We will consider the use of BYOD for the successful candidate.
• We will assess candidates through resumes, responses to the selection criteria, interviews, references and a portfolio of related work.
Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years industry experience and a supporting portfolio of work.
- Strong communication skills to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior executives, staff, external providers and members of the public who attend Digital Profession events.
- Demonstrated experience using the Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects, and Acrobat.
- Demonstrated experience producing marketing, event and merchandising products for events and other engagement activities including photography, video, audio and graphic design.
- A strong understanding of brand, brand architecture and messaging and a demonstrated ability to maintain a brand identity across a range of executions.
- High-level project management skills, working to agreed timelines, with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Experience editing and producing video content for online hosting (YouTube, Vimeo etc).
Canberra or Sydney Based – 6 Month Contract with 1 x 6 Month extension option.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain a Baseline Security clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 12 May 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.