IT Security/Risk Advisor
|Job Title:||IT Security/Risk Advisor|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||June 17, 2021 14:10|
As an IT Security/Risk Advisor in our Enterprise Solutions and Technology, Information and Cyber Security area, you’ll actively participate in designing, coordinating and reviewing security changes required for IT environments while providing specialist advice to clients. You will analyse technical issues and research design options to provide security solutions for Department IT systems.
Your day-to-day work will involve developing and applying strategies to configure, administer and maintain the security for IT systems. You will audit the compliance of IT systems to the whole of government and Department IT security policy.
You will be part of a team that provides security advice and assurance across Department Projects and Programs of Work. You will also have the opportunity to embed and influence security into the design of systems by working closely with various technical and business stakeholders. This work directly contributes towards the protection of our organisation, its data and its ecosystem from cyber threats.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Undertakes Design Reviews in order to identify potential gaps in the Security posture of a given design
• Undertakes Risk Assessments by analysing/assessing the identified gaps
• Enables the delivery of organisational strategic objectives by informing key delegates of security considerations prior to program / project implementation
• Meets program / project implementation timelines
• Validates security controls, identifying non-compliance when forming a view of the compliance posture of the organisation’s critical applications and key platforms.
• Audits the organisation’s conformance with policy-based, regulatory and certification requirements, validating the security posture and communicating findings to the respective stakeholders.
• Undertakes technical and process validation to assure the appropriate accesses to Department critical systems and sensitive data in accordance with policy and regulation
Location and Contract Term: This is a Canberra based role. Contract till June 2022 with 2 x 12 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval
How to Apply:
Applications close 21 June.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's