|Job Title:||Data Analyst|
|Salary:||$68 - $102 per hour, Benefits: Market Rate|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2021 15:36|
About the Organisation/Background:
The Office of the Chief Digital Officer (OCDO) was established in 2015 to drive the ACT’s digital agenda and lead the whole of government strategic direction for ICT. The OCDO ensures alignment of government ICT and digital priorities and initiatives across the ACT Government.
The ACT Data Analytics Centre (ACTDAC) provides government with the ability to make evidence-based decisions to provide better services to our citizens. The goal of the Centre is to understand and capitalise on the information assets government holds and manages. Its aim is to facilitate the safe sharing of data and to assist with data analytics projects, through a coordinated, whole of government approach to improving data management and analytics capabilities. It includes both the ICT infrastructure elements required by a modern, data rich organisation as well as policy and capability development to fully realise the benefits of the platform, such as automation and data analytics.
About the Project:
In partnership with the community, the ACT City Renewal Authority (CRA) aims to create a vibrant city heart through the delivery of people-focussed, design-led and urban renewal that is socially and environmentally sustainable. Key to this vision is leading the transformation of the city renewal precinct, which spans Dickson, Northbourne Avenue, Haig Park, Civic and West Basin.
The CRA is building a Place Intelligence Dashboard that presents integrated data for the purpose of informing city planning, design, place making, management and construction projects.
The goal of the dashboard is to provide the CRA with a simple digital interface that allows CRA staff to easily report on and measure against its place performance indicator framework. This will allow the CRA to better understand the current status of the city, measure the success of its initiatives, plan for future programs and projects, and to track change over time.
The ACT Data Analytics Centre (ACTDAC) is leading the project and working with the CRA to design the place indicators and data requirements, and to develop the Place Intelligence Dashboard.
About the Role:
As the Data Analyst you will work through the whole data lifecycle to develop the required data and analytics processes to supply the Place Intelligence Dashboard. You will have a strong understanding of analytical methods as well as the ability to work with stakeholders to build data products in an agile, iterative manner.
The role is a fixed term project to work closely with the ACTDAC, CRA and relevant stakeholders to:
- Understand the data requirements for reporting and visualising the place performance indicator measures.
- Work with data engineers and other analysts to acquire and ingest the required data into the ACT Data Lake according to required standards.
- Develop and maintain data models for storage and reporting.
- Develop analytics methods and processes utilising appropriate statistical techniques.
- Conduct data analysis to support the presentation of data in the Place Intelligence Dashboard.
- Develop and undertake data quality and data cleansing methods and processes.
- Understand and work within the ACTPS Code of Conduct and ACTPS values of respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation, and model behaviour consistent with the ACTPS Respect Equity and Diversity framework.
- This position does not require a pre-employment medical.
- This position does not require a Working with Vulnerable People Check.
- This position does not involve direct supervision of staff.
- Demonstrated technical experience regarding data models, database design, big data, and data warehousing.
- Demonstrated analytics skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to define and develop data analytics strategies and solutions for program or business performance management and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, work collaboratively and communicate with a range of stakeholders from across government, business and IT to deliver positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and proven ability to work independently, show initiative, deal with multiple users, concurrent tasks with conflicting priorities, and resolve queries quickly and effectively.
- Experience and ability to work within an agile and/or DevOps team environment.
- Knowledge of enterprise data management and technologies.
- Experience with wellbeing indicators and telling data stories.
- Experience with data tools such as Python and ArcGIS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, and/or 2+ years in a data analysis role would be highly desirable.
Estimated start date: ASAP (Pending on national police check and reference check)
Contract term: 3 month contract
Eligibility/Other Requirements: To be eligible for temporary employment within the ACT Public Service you must be in Australia on a visa with work rights or be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. A current CMTEDD/AGSVA security clearance is required for this role.
Application closing date: 25/06/2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include: your resume, contact details of two referees, DDMM of your DOB, rate expectation, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN) and a short summary(optional) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0480 002 460 for any further information.