APS5 Finance Officer (Contract or Non-ongoing)
|Job Title:||APS5 Finance Officer (Contract or Non-ongoing)|
|Salary:||$48 - $55 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||June 22, 2021 14:29|
About the Role:
You will be part of the Finance team within the Finance and Business Services section. This section is responsible for the management of all financial (including a budget of over $1.2 billion) and business services across the agency.
Primary Job Purpose Although not exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities of this position will require you to:Processing and analysing the financial transactions of the agency including, but not limited to:
- Assisting with end of month processes and reconciliations, payroll, and salary sacrifice arrangements.
- Preparing the monthly Business Activity Statement (BAS) with a sound understanding of GST
- Preparing and processing of credit card acquittals
- Processing and maintaining General Ledger transactions
- Processing of all accounts payable and receivable transactions
- Processing and maintaining the banking and treasury functions of the Authority, including the monitoring of bank transactions and balances, and the calculation and processing of drawdowns.
- Preparing internal financial reports, including monthly performance and activity reports.
- Assisting with the preparation of the agency’s annual financial statements as directed by the Deputy Chief Finance Officer.
- Providing professional services to help the agency meet best financial practice standards and the high corporate governance requirements expected of the agency under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act (2013).
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of accounting policies and instructions to support the Authority’s operations, including continual improvements of the entity’s financial management processes and procedures.
- Assisting with inventory stock takes.
- Respond to requests from other government agencies and stakeholders;
- Build effective relationships and achieve negotiation outcomes with internal and external stakeholders;
- Contribute to agency organisational strategy and culture; and
- Assisting the Deputy Chief Finance Officer and Senior Finance Manager in the maintenance of the financial accounting operations to achieve agreed performance standards and goals.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Finance or a similar discipline
- Knowledge of Commonwealth Financial Management practices and principles and corporate governance requirements under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013, or the ability to acquire such knowledge.
Contract term: 12 months contract or non-ongoing
Eligibility/Other Requirements: To be eligible for temporary employment within the Australian Public Service you must be an Australian citizen. AGSVA Baseline is required for this role
Application closing date: 27/06/2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, rate expectation inclusive Super, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and responses to the selection criteria (up to 500 words per criteria)/a short summary(optional) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0480 002 460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.