|Job Title:||Data Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kym Hinds|
|Job Published:||June 28, 2021 17:53|
This is a 12 month contract with possible extensions. You must be an Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain a baseline clearance.
This role is flexible, available as either on a part time or full-time basis.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Work in a multidisciplinary team to:
- Identify and convert business goals into data requirements
- Identify and gather analytical requirements for customer, business, product and project needs.
- Advise on data modelling and facilitate back-end infrastructure alignment
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to optimise data sourcing pipelines and verify data quality.
- Integration of datasets across multiple databases
- Modification of existing databases to meet unique needs and goals determined during initial evaluation and planning process.
- Develop database strategies at modelling, design and implementation stages to address business requirements.
- Provide comprehensive analysis, analyse vast and complex datasets, gather relevant evidence and recommend solutions to address and solve complex business problems
- Conduct quality checks on data sources to check for inconsistencies. Identify and leverage areas for improvement in data systems
- Develop quarterly roadmaps based on impact, effort and test coordination, working with stakeholders to achieve short-term and long-term goals.
- Identify and document project constraints, assumptions, business impacts, risks and scope exclusions as well as general documentation including data dictionaries
- Resolve issues regarding integrity of data flow into the above-mentioned databases. Pre-emptive resolution of technical issues
- Depending on the team’s needs, potentially creating migration strategies to bridge development gaps between existing software architecture and future updates.
- Understanding of data modelling and experience in setting up databases and other frameworks, managing systems and aligning procedures with business needs
- Extensive experience in database development and production environments, designing, coding and testing database solutions such as Microsoft Azure, Qlik (SAS and Tableau would be an advantage)
- Experience in testing programs and databases to identify issues and make necessary modifications, and seamlessly integrate project technical aspects and make information relatable to non-technical personnel
- Proficiency in working with coding and data visualisation languages and tools such as Python, Java, R, R shiny, Power BI, Tableau, Hi-charts, Qlik
- Experience working with vast data sets to break down information, gather relevant points and solve advanced business problems. This also requires understanding of statistical, algebraic and other analytical techniques
- Ability to work with others to shape organization efforts to enhance performance
- Experience in working within multidisciplinary teams, including data scientists, developers, policy officers, research analysts, project managers, senior management and more.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work on multiple projects of varying complexity and urgency
- Experience working within a government agency, or working for a government agency
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Kym 1300 944 936 for any further information.