ASO5 Executive Assistant (#1144-1)
|Job Title:||ASO5 Executive Assistant (#1144-1)|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||June 29, 2021 13:28|
About the Role:
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high-level executive support to the Executive Group Manager CIT Campus-Woden, and administrative support to the broader team. Working closely, under limited supervision, with the Group’s Executive Manager, the Executive Assistant will ensure all incoming and outgoing communications are managed in a timely manner, prepare correspondence as required and manage the diary of the EGM (and other Executives, as required) including appointment bookings, meetings and preparation of travel arrangements for the broader team. In addition to that, the Executive Assistant will provide administrative support in preparing meeting agendas and minutes, collating reports, briefs, and integration of CIT Campus-Woden requirements with MPC Communications, Human Resources and Finance sections, as well as facilitation of ministerial correspondence.
The role requires an ability to prioritise while supporting a diverse team with variable requirements. A high level of independence, proactive approach, impartiality and discretion are also important.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The primary responsibilities for this position are:
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Group Manager of the CIT Woden Campus project/development, including diary management, arranging meetings, booking travel, processing accounts using the APIAS finance system, reconciling expenditure and other business support needs as required.
- Providing administrative, business and operational support for the CIT Woden Campus project team including acting as a first point of contact for enquiries, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, consultants and Government officials.
- Undertake high level coordination and liaison on activities of the group and maintain effective working relationships across the Agency.
- Tracking and managing the workflow for the Group. This includes quality control of items being provided for Executive clearance, for example ensuring that all correspondence, briefs and other documents have the appropriate level of information, approval flows, read clearly and are provided within agreed timeframes.
- Monitor and prioritise tasks and activities for the Executive and the broader team, including incoming correspondence and refer to appropriate areas for action. Monitor correspondence tracking systems to ensure quality control and timeliness of responses is maintained. Coordinate responses on a range of issues for MPC in an efficient manner, as required.
- Prepare agendas and papers required for meetings including recording, transcribing and distribution of minutes for meetings.
- Draft confidential correspondence, reports and briefs, including the assembly of supporting documentation necessary for Ministerial correspondence, meetings and forums.
- Provide project support as required, including researching information and collating responses in a timely manner.
- Examine, evaluate and take appropriate action on reports, submissions and information submitted to the Executive Group Manager to ensure relevance, completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain file records utilising an agreed electronic filing structure using the Objective ECM platform and transmit project data using Aconex software.
The following capabilities form the criteria that are required to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Professional / Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in prioritising, coordinating and managing support arrangements for the effective and efficient functioning of a valued executive support services to senior executive.
- Effective communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, liaison and problem solving skills and the demonstrated ability to prepare classified correspondence and reports with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven proficiency in the use of various standard computer applications, ministerial and briefing procedures, correspondence tracking systems and experience in initiating and managing associated reporting procedures and programs.
- Understanding of ACTPS values covering ethical standards and a demonstrated self-awareness, professionalism and proven commitment to workplace respect, equity and diversity work practices and workplace health and safety principles and practices.
- A history of developing productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results, including a demonstrated ability to manage sensitive and confidential issues with integrity.
Contract term: 3 month contract
Eligibility/Other Requirements: To be eligible for temporary employment within the ACT Public Service you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. A driver’s licence (C-Class) is desirable.
Application closing date: 04/07/2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, DDMM of your DOB, rate expectation inclusive Super, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and a short summary(optional) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0480 002 460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.