Security Investigation Officer
|Job Title:||Security Investigation Officer|
|Start Date:||2021-06-30 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Maria Fabello|
|Job Published:||July 01, 2021 11:29|
Commencement Date: July 2021
End Date: July 2022; 2 x 12 month extension options
Location:BARTON ACT 2600
Clearance Level: Negative Vetting Level 1 (minimum) and ability to obtain a Negative Vetting Level 2 security clearance.
We are looking for a Personnel Security Investigations Officer to drive enquiries and investigations into security incidents. The officer will also manage security breach and contact reporting scheme and support the section reporting responsibilities.
• Drive enquiries and investigations into security incidents and apply critical thinking to support sound decision-making on complex security problems.
• Interpret, apply and enact security policy and procedures in support of relevant approval requests.
• Drawing on a broad cross-section of information, identify, analyse, assess, and respond to personnel security risks and trends.
• Identify and manage security breach and contact reporting scheme (CRS).
• Build and develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders and with other government agencies.
• Deliver presentations to support personnel prior to postings.
• Develop innovative solutions to security problems and refine processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective operating model.
• Prepare and deliver briefing material and policy guidance to inform and guide the department and its people.
• Hold a Certificate IV in in Government (Investigations) or equivalent qualifications, professional certification or demonstrated equivalent experience in investigations, protective security, or risk management. (essential)
• The ability to maintain discretion.
• Strong task prioritisation skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with individuals from all backgrounds and/or at all levels.
• Comfortable and confident in engaging with workers and, at times, having difficult conversations on sensitive issues.
• The ability to establish and maintain networks within the Agency and with other government bodies.
• The ability to work effectively individually or within a team environment with minimal supervision.