|Job Title:||Assistant Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Angus|
|Job Published:||July 02, 2021 14:13|
About the Role:
The role will be diverse working for a SME company that is growing rapidly. Tasks will range from being of a routine data entry or processing nature to those involving moderate complexity in payroll issues. You will be part of a small team undertaking fortnightly and monthly payroll and invoicing, compliance, taxation and routine business accounting processes. The role also assists with contract preparation for newly engaged contractors, so candidates should have strong attention to detail and written skills.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Processing as required with the timely and accurate payroll of salaries and superannuation to contractors and internal staff
- Processing invoices
- Preparation of monthly IAS and quarterly BAS returns and assisting in the preparation of annual FBT returns and financial reports
- Preparing journals and reconciliations, maintaining Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statement
- Assisting in the preparation of the Management Reports quarterly, Budget Report annually.
- Assisting in external auditing annually.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a person that is up for a challenge, seeking a long-term career and able to work independently and manage multiple tasks. Candidates with previous experience in small/medium business will be beneficial.
Candidates must have:
- The ability to work autonomously and as an effective team member.
- The capacity to work independently with general guidance from more senior staff.
- An ability to work towards deadlines with a high level of care, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills at all organisational levels
- The ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- A commitment to continuous improvement and quality policies and procedures
- A commitment to teamwork and co-operative work practices
Full training will be provided, but as a minimum we are seeking the following:
- Experience using Finance and Payroll systems (we currently use MYOB and Astute Payroll) and intermediate skills in the use of Excel, Word and other Microsoft software products.
- Qualifications or relevant on the job experience in the accounting/finance field, particularly payroll and understanding the complexities involved.
- Knowledge of Astute payroll would be an advantage, but not required, full training will be provided
- At least one year payroll experience is preferred. Having a good knowledge of salary sacrifice arrangements, including novated lease, LAFHA, would be an advantage.
- experience being in an Accounting role or similar would be an advantage
Fulltime preferred but willing to consider part time for the right candidate, Remuneration will be based on experience and value add to our business. Whizdom offers flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and a supportive work environment.
To apply for the role please send a brief cover letter outlining your experience with your resume.
If you want more information on the role please contact Natalie on 0480 002 448
We will be accepting applications until COB Monday 12 July 2021.