ASO6 Senior Public Relations Officer (#1181-1)
|Job Title:||ASO6 Senior Public Relations Officer (#1181-1)|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||July 08, 2021 09:38|
About the Role:
The primary objective of this position is to work collaboratively with the Director of Marketing and Events ACT Campaign Managers to develop and implement targeted public relations, promotions and media strategies as part of the overall marketing strategies for Events ACT.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Senior Public Relations Officer, you will:
- Proactively identify and develop relationships with key media (local, national and international) in line with marketing objectives. Duties include creating, pitching and distributing content and the co-ordination of promotional activities such as events and activations.
- Develop and implement a detailed communications plan highlighting opportunities to work co-operatively with key local industry stakeholders (i.e., event suppliers and event industry partners) and external stakeholders (i.e. key publication, sponsors etc.) to deliver extensive owned and earned media coverage line with the marketing strategy.
- Effectively manage contracted PR companies and suppliers to ensure delivery of services in line with government procurement processes and expectations as outlined by senior managers.
- Manage requests from partners (media, industry, internally) in a timely and professional manner by providing appropriate support such as co-ordinating media visits, hosting media and spokesperson duties as required.
- Support the wider marketing team and senior managers in preparing and distributing consumer content for publications, websites, media kits, marketing collateral, e- newsletters, media releases, social media content and other requests as required.
- Support the wider marketing team and senior managers in preparing reports and other ministerial materials (speech notes, function briefs, media alerts and ministerial releases) as required.
- This position may involve direct supervision of staff.
Professional / Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in the successful delivery of public relations activities in a marketing environment. For example: developing story angles, pitching to local, national and international media and effective management of relationships with media partners and stakeholders as part of a campaign or with a specific media coverage goal.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and conflict management skills, presentation and communication skills (written and oral), including an ability to provide timely and accurate advice to senior management.
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated experience in developing quality content suitable for distribution across owned and earned channels. Content can include written copy, photography, social posts, video content etc.
- Proven high-level project management skills including the ability to prioritise, co-ordinate and manage complex workflows across multiple projections simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing and procuring services of public relations agencies and suppliers.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing multiple stakeholders (i.e. agencies, suppliers, Minister’s office) to deliver against an agreed outcome.
- Understanding of public service values covering ethical standards and a demonstrated self- awareness, professionalism and a proven commitment to the ongoing integration of workplace respect, equity and diversity work practices and workplace health and safety principles and practices.
- A tertiary qualification in public relations, journalism, marketing communications or a related discipline is highly desirable.
- Sound knowledge of Canberra and region events (or desire to quickly acquire).
- Australian Driver’s licence.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings on occasion and during key event periods.
Estimated start date: ASAP (Pending on national police check and reference check)
Contract term: 3 month contract
Eligibility/Other Requirements: To be eligible for temporary employment within the ACT Public Service you must be in Australia on a visa with work rights or be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Application closing date: 9AM 14/07/2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, DDMM of your DOB, rate expectation exclusive Super, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and a short summary(optional) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0480 002 460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.