Data Architect / Analyst
|Job Title:||Data Architect / Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||July 13, 2021 10:14|
The ideal candidate will be capable of working autonomously to design, implement and maintain Azure data transformation pipelines, data warehouses and advanced analytics solutions. The candidate will adapt quickly to the agency's environment and add value by engaging with business users and colleagues to deliver a range of high-quality work artefacts.
As an experienced Data Architect / Analyst you will undertake the following activities:
- Lead data discovery and design through facilitation with business stakeholders and analysis of existing data and systems
- Lead the design and evolution of a range of metadata and data models, including the canonical, future-state conceptual and logical data models
- Migrate (Extract Transform Load) a range of new and existing files, systems, databases and external data sources from on-premises to the Azure data stack using files, API's and other modern migration patterns
- Work within an Agile (Scrum) SAFe Multi-Disciplinary team with minimum direction
- Participate in internal and external working groups, including with vendors and other government agencies to lead data related discussions
- Work with other team members to plan, define, manage and refine user stories, acceptance criteria and test cases to ensure business needs are fully captured, developed, tested and deployed
- Articulate and champion business data needs to the delivery teams
Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated 5+ year’s experience working as a Data Architect / Analyst in an Azure cloud-based data environment.
- A working understanding of the legislation and policy regarding use and management of data about individuals and corporations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, particularly with respect to managing stakeholder engagement and delivery teams.
- Demonstrated experience working within an Agile (Scrum) SAFe Multi-Disciplinary team with minimum direction. Including working with other team members to plan, define, manage and refine user stories, acceptance criteria and test cases to ensure business needs are fully captured, developed, tested and deployed.
- Demonstrated experience working with Database Administration teams to establish a mutual understanding of existing SQL Infrastructure and Azure data platform.
- Provision, configure and manage Azure cloud-based data platform built on Synapse, Data Lake Gen2, Data Factory, Data Bricks and other components of the Azure data platform.
- Design and implement ETL processes to migrate and consolidate new and existing data sets from on-premises SQL Server databases, flat files, SharePoint, via API's and Azure data stores.
- Automate deployment of Azure data platform components using PowerShell, DevOps and Azure Automation.
- Document detailed design and processes for Azure data platform provisioning, pipelines and data stores.
Canberra Based – 12 Month Contract with 2 x 12 months contract extension
Must be an Australian Citizen. Baseline Security clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 22 July 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's