Senior Java Developer
|Job Title:||Senior Java Developer|
|Start Date:||2021-07-12 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||July 13, 2021 15:02|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for several Senior Java Developers to undertake technical research and analysis to drive the design, and the development of high quality solutions in support of business and technical requirements.
You will lead and provide technical management and operate with a significant degree of independence and works under the broad guidance of a National Manager to deliver quality outcomes. You will need to operate with a high level of autonomy, with decision-making highly dependent on your own judgment.
In performing a leadership role, you will identify and drive innovation, manage and lead change, and have an active role in contributing to and implementing the agency’s strategic direction.
- Translating technical and market trends into development strategy
- Accountable for the analysis, design, development, prototyping, unit testing and maintenance activities
- Ensuring compliance with endorsed software development methodologies
- Implementing methodology, managing and leading change and actively contributing to the agency’s strategic direction
- Developing strategy to ensure high code quality and long-term maintenance of a product's code base
- Ensuring the maintenance and enhancement of existing systems
- Ensuring development productivity and excellence in quality
- Conducting impact analysis, evaluating, and reporting on technical feasibility and risks for development projects
- Proactively sharing knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert, and providing assistance and mentorship to less experienced colleagues oversee operations of teams, including providing a clear sense of direction, setting work priorities and managing resources
- Providing direction and support to development teams to ensure high quality solution realisation
- Developing staff capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning
- Resolving very complex, sensitive and/or escalated technical issues
- Overseeing, reviewing and advising on a range of written material which may include technical and corporate documentation
- Negotiating, engaging and managing relationships internal and external to the agency to build service delivery capability
- Attending interagency meetings and forums to influence business outcomes and share information
- Setting direction by contributing to local business plans and ICT strategies
- Overseeing team contribution to cost analysis activities
- Demonstrated experience of using Java/JEE technologies for at least 5+ years.
- Demonstrated experience of delivering end to end solution and leading team of developers in large/complex ICT environment.
- Ability to analyse complex systems, understand architecture and produce high level designs and solution documents.
- Sound understanding of different design patterns and hands on experience delivering high performance solutions using Java EE, web services and relational database.
- Experience with JPA, Hibernate and Spring to implement high performance solutions.
- Understanding of DevOps lifecycle and hands on experience using Git, CI/CD pipeline.
- Understanding of different design patterns and hands on experience delivering solutions using Angular, Node/NestJs, GraphQL and RESTful services
Contract Term: Until 30 September 2022 with multiple extension options up to 24 months
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Monday, 19 July 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Software Developer (Python / Java / UX) Level 4 (TSPV)
Senior .Net Full-Stack Developer
SharePoint Developer Level 4 (TSPV)
SharePoint Developer Level 3 (TSPV)
Salesforce Technology Specialist/Software Developer (Salesforce) (NV1)