APS6 Senior Human Resources Adviser
|Job Title:||APS6 Senior Human Resources Adviser|
|Salary:||$90 - $120 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2021 15:03|
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Human Resources Adviser (SHRA) to join a team of HR business partners. You will provide high level HR support to approximately 100 staff. This position is responsible for workforce planning, change management, performance improvement, learning and development initiatives, as well as coaching managers and staff with specialist needs on performance, career and talent management strategies; ensuring that HR management activities support the Office’s Strategic Plan as well as HR Strategy.
The position also plays a key role in the development and implementation of new personnel policies and practices, and with coordination of consultative committees. This position will also provide operational and strategic advice on HR matters, enterprise agreement and legislative and industrial relations issues.
This is a critical position within the Office and offers great diversity and challenges for the right applicant.
- Deliver business HR services across the Office including providing specialist advice and support to leaders and staff with a range of highly complex and sensitive HR, organisational development and industrial relations issues.
- Build strategic relationships with all staff to ensure delivery of high quality HR strategies and practices:
- Capability planning, development and recruitment.
- Career management and workforce planning.
- Talent management and succession planning.
- Leadership and team development.
- Performance and change management.
- Development and implementation of human resources policies, guidelines and procedures and ensure that staff of the Office are kept up to date with government reforms and better practice in human resource management.
- Undertake the complex payroll matters not handled by the outsourced provider and provide advice on terms and conditions of employment to staff.
- Manage the workers compensation case management including processing claims and co- ordinating and monitoring of rehabilitation and return to work programs.
- Work collaboratively as part of a small professional HR team to provide support and advice to foster continual improvement and build organisational capability.
- Superior interpersonal, coaching, negotiation and consultative skills and the ability to provide accurate advice to staff and managers on a range of complex and sensitive issues.
- Excellent written and verbal two-way communication with the ability to present high-quality, concise information and to interact with staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, advise and support leaders of the business on a range of complex HR, organisational and employee relations issues.
- Demonstrated customer focus in delivering HR business services, including the ability to anticipate and resolve problems with practical and positive solutions taking into account the needs of the business.
- Ability to achieve work objectives, to meet tight timeframes and to manage competing priorities to meet organisational requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development and implementation of strategic HR initiatives that are driven by business needs.
Demonstrated ability to use computerised payroll (Aurion HRMIS would be an advantage).
Estimated start date: ASAP
Contract term: 3 months contract
Eligibility/Other Requirements: To be eligible for temporary employment within the Australian Public Service you must be an Australian citizen. AGSVA Baseline is required for this role
Application closing date: COB 25/07/2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, rate expectation inclusive Super, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and responses to the selection criteria (up to 500 words per criteria)/a short summary(optional) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0480 002 460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.