|Job Title:||Content Strategist|
|Contact Name:||Kym Hinds|
|Job Published:||July 16, 2021 16:47|
12-month contract with possible 2 x 12 month extensions, subject to conditions. Due to the nature of the work, applicants must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to obtain a baseline clearance.
The Department is seeking a Content Strategist to help us design and deliver revolutionary new experiences and improved outcomes for job seekers, providers and employers as part of the New Employment Services Model.
This will be in the context of a number of other major content initiatives taking place across the department which you will need to understand and work in collaboration with. We're looking for a content strategist with significant experience in content lifecycle management, structured content for reuse and personalised contexts, and information architecture.
You’ll develop and implement strategies and workflows to evaluate and iterate content and content processes to help government transform the way it provides information and services. You’ll work in and with multi-disciplinary teams to evaluate how content is meeting user needs and opportunities for improvement. You’ll be able to see the bigger picture as well as the fine detail. You’ll be confident in explaining your work to government partners and internal teams. And you’ll be comfortable discussing it with the people writing the content and the code that delivers it. The Department is seeking self-driven, curious individuals with a keen desire to learn, adapt, and make continuous improvement; being committed to seeing things through and delivering on key results and objectives.
As a Content Strategist, you’ll have:
- significant experience of developing and implementing content strategies for large scale content operations, ideally including experience of structured content, channel agnostic and/or personalised content
- demonstrable knowledge of how to develop strategies and processes around taxonomies and tagging, and production across entire content lifecycles including translations
- demonstrable experience of analysing data and user research to inform content strategy, including taxonomy, information architecture and workflow designs
- experience in working with content publishing and management systems
- Experience working with a range of content types including but not limited to web content, notifications, knowledge base and virtual assistant
- experience working in an agile environment with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and priorities
- experience of leading small teams and responsible for the quality of the work of others and providing constructive feedback
Applicants should demonstrate an understanding of:
- Service Design and Delivery Process and Digital Service Standard
- Agile ways of working and scaled agile practices
- Content strategy and design best practices
- Proven experience of developing content strategy, information architecture and methodologies such as tree testing, card sorting and content auditing
- Experience leading large, complex information architecture and taxonomy projects
- Demonstrable experience advocating and educating teams about information architecture, evaluating content and workflows
- Experience advocating for a user-centred approach and good content practices
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Kym 1300 944 936 for any further information.