APS6 Senior Work Health and Safety (WHS) Advisor
|Job Title:||APS6 Senior Work Health and Safety (WHS) Advisor|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||July 19, 2021 16:51|
About the Role:
As part of the small Human Resources team this position is critical in developing a Work Health and Safety (WHS) strategy in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements to build a positive safety culture.
The responsibilities for this position include WHS compliance, risk management, safety management systems, training, policies, procedures, pro-active injury management, and providing a high level of WHS advice and support to approximately 100 staff and identifying solutions for continuous improvement.
This role will also work closely with staff and leaders, supporting them in managing health and safety priorities and will assist in the delivery of strategic Work Health and Safety initiatives.
- Build a sustainable health and safety management system in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Promote a strong safety culture through the active management of WHS management systems, including providing specialist advice, support, training and education to staff.
- Develop and review policies, procedures, systems and offer solutions to challenging health and safety issues in partnership with relevant work groups.
- Apply contemporary risk management practice, undertake incident investigation, implement audit recommendations and facilitate WHS working groups.
- Provide specialist advice on injury management including prevention, early intervention, rehabilitation and compensation matters.
- Work as part of a small professional HR team to provide support and advice to foster continual improvement and build organisational capability.
- Experience in collaborating with diverse teams and demonstrated superior stakeholder engagement to build the desired health and safety culture and provide a high level service on a range of complex and sensitive matters.
- Proven experience in developing a framework to mitigate injury and raise awareness of wellbeing and hazard prevention.
- Contributing to the business in the design, delivery and implementation of communication strategies including policies, training and awareness.
- Proven knowledge in understanding and translating legislation and regulatory standards including the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and Safety Rehabilitation Act, as well as other information, to proactively identify problems and provide specialist advice.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a small professional team to provide a high level of support and deliver on shared objectives.
The successful candidate must hold a Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety (BSB42012/BSB41415) or Occupational Health and Safety (BSB41407/BSB41604) and/or relevant tertiary qualification and/or professional experience.
Estimated start date: ASAP
Contract term: 6 months contract
Eligibility/Other Requirements: To be eligible for temporary employment within the Australian Public Service you must be an Australian citizen. AGSVA Baseline is required for this role
Application closing date: COB 25/07/2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, rate expectation inclusive Super, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and responses to the selection criteria (up to 500 words per criteria)/a short summary(optional) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0480 002 460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's