Senior Test Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Test Engineer|
|Start Date:||2021-07-19 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||July 20, 2021 17:38|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for experienced Senior Test Engineers to ensures that ICT solutions improve quality, performance, architectural and functional requirements and are fit for business purpose.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all test effort activities are effectively completed and carried out in accordance with agreed test guidelines.
You will exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy and in the application of practices and procedures. Decision making is dependent on judgement, skills and knowledge. You will also be responsible for managing and organising your own work in the context of competing priorities, including contributing to business planning, changes in workplace practices and innovative improvement strategies. You may also be responsible for managing a team.
- Creating and executing complex test cases on appropriate testing platforms using own indepth technical analysis of specifications
- Creating complex test data within external software vendor environment
- Reviewing test cases from team members to ensure quality
- Developing and reviewing test plans, test cases, task cards and supporting test data, working to the specifications provided
- Applying in-depth technical analysis, practices and procedures when designing, executing and creating test cases
- Assisting with defining requirements for the test environments
- Recording and analysing test results, and report any unexpected or unsatisfactory outcomes
- Contributing to team improvement initiatives and projects, including team tools, process changes, and test automation
- Identifying, analysing, managing and documenting all defects, programming errors and operational characteristics that are inconsistent with stated requirements and design specifications
- Conducting testing to ensure the ICT Service functions as per requirements
- Creating test data in vendor environment
- Monitoring and managing time and effort to ensure test cases are running to project schedule and escalate any issues
- Managing a small team including setting local priorities, managing resources, and assisting with the development of work plans
- Managing and supporting a team including managing performance, attendance, health and wellbeing
- Developing staff capability through coaching, mentoring and training
- Ensuring work aligns with business processes and overall delivery outcomes collaborate with stakeholders to resolve issues and ensure effective and timely implementation of projects
- Providing advice and assistance to external software vendors in regards to testing and development of software
- A minimum of five years as a senior test analyst experience on large scale enterprise wide application development projects.
- Demonstrated experience with Test Management Tools, SOAPUI, SQL & XML.
- Demonstrated understanding/experience working in test automation
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment whilst maintaining focus and achieving outcomes and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in the analysis of requirements and writing of test cases.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a test environment, following test processes.
Contract Term: Until 30 September 2022 with multiple extension options up to 24 months
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Monday, 26 July 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's