Geospatial Data Specialist.
|Job Title:||Geospatial Data Specialist.|
|Contact Name:||Kym Hinds|
|Job Published:||July 21, 2021 12:13|
The geospatial specialist will provide services under direction including:
- Reviewing a set of existing spatial layers relevant to biosecurity risk and aligning them with departmental and community data and metadata standards
- Integrating biosecurity layers into the department’s geospatial data warehouse
- Developing and documenting a process for maintaining and updating biosecurity spatial layers in line with key data sources
- Working with other geospatial specialists in the department to develop tools for visualising and extracting information to inform decision-making
- Following good geospatial data management and programming practices and team programming conventions
- Other related activities as required.
- Skills and proven experience in geospatial data production, data management and analytics. Demonstrated ability to deliver robust, quality geospatial datasets and analysis that meets business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently in a rigorous environment and proactively collaborate across teams as well as to adapt quickly and flexibly to changing demands and priorities.
- Programming experience and familiarity with ESRI GIS tools, R and/or Python.
- Experience and interest in exploring ways geospatial data can add value to complex (non-spatial) system models.
- An understanding of Australia’s biosecurity system.
The role is Canberra based with an estimated start of 23 August to 30 June 2022 Contract with Options to extend for a further 3 periods of up to 12 months.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens. The ability to obtain a baseline security clearance is required for this role.
How to apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Jo 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Applications close Sunday 25 July 2021
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's