Junior Data Analyst
|Job Title:||Junior Data Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Kym Hinds|
|Job Published:||July 21, 2021 14:07|
The data analysts will provide services under direction including:
- obtaining in-depth knowledge of business data sources through engagement and consultation with data warehousing and subject matter experts within business selecting and integrating datasets to meet specified biosecurity risk modelling requirements, in order to improve model utility and allow integration with other reporting products
- developing and documenting processes for automating updates of data sources used in biosecurity risk modelling
- producing a range of documentation including clear code documentation, work flows, business requirements documentation and other requested documentation
- following rigorous programming practices and team programming conventions
- other related activities as required.
- Proven ability to deliver combined business analyst, data curator and data modeller services. Skills and proven experience in navigating complex databases to identify, extract and utilise appropriate data sources for specific business needs is paramount.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently in a rigorous environment as well as to adapt quickly and flexibly to changing demands and priorities.
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences. An interest in scientific communication including data visualisation
- Advanced computer science/programming skills, specifically experience with SQL and R/Python and familiarity with PowerBI
- An understanding of the Australian biosecurity system
The role is Canberra based with an estimated start of 23 August to 30 June 2022 Contract with Options to extend for a further 3 periods of up to 12 months
Applicants must be Australian Citizens. The ability to obtain a baseline security clearance is required for this role.
How to apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Jo 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Applications close Sunday 25 July 2021
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's