Network and Security Gateway Engineer
|Job Title:||Network and Security Gateway Engineer|
|Start Date:||2021-07-20 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||July 21, 2021 15:24|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for two experienced Network and Security Gateway Engineers to join the Gateway Consolidation Project team who will be responsible for the execution of a range of project activities and tasks in relation to Security Gateway Migration.
- Undertaking a range of activities in support of the management and operation of the Agency’s secure Internet gateway, secure systems, data centre and network services;
- Liaising with external and internal service providers as required;
- Day to day monitoring and support of network and gateway systems including Data Centre technologies, SMTP email systems, SSL Gateways, Load Balancers, Proxy systems, Firewalls and IPS;
- Implementing major/minor project work to support Agency’s initiatives;
- Undertaking enhancement and remediation activities across network and gateway systems; and
- Undertaking BAU tasks and other projects as required by the Agency.
- Specified Personnel will be responsible for the delivery of project/sub-program documentation in accordance with the Agency’s requirements and will include any or all of the items below on request:
- System Requirements;
- Solution Overview / High Level System Design Documents;
- Security Solution Architecture Documents;
- Standard Operating Procedures;
- Status Reports and briefing material;
- Demonstrated over three years’ experience in a Network and Security Gateway Engineer role within a public sector context involving classified networks.
- A demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing protocols (OSPF & BGP), firewalls (Fortinet + Palo Alto) / load balancers (F5 LTM & ASM) / IPSEC VPN (Cisco) and HTTP-based applications in general.
- Ability to deliver project outcomes through marshalling external providers, collating information and providing accurate, succinct and unambiguous documentation.
- Ability to develop, follow and champion processes for the migration of systems to ensure minimal impact to users.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating, coordinating and leading key stakeholders to deliver technology outcomes.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team including working in a responsive and pragmatic manner in order to deliver timely project outcomes.
Contract Term: Until 30 June 2022 with a 12 month extension option
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Monday, 02 August 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's