|Job Title:||Content Writer|
|Contact Name:||Kym Hinds|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2021 09:00|
You will require skills in translating complex information and transforming it into plain English - including removal of unnecessary jargon and content to enhance the user experience. Content will be delivered in a number of formats including but not limited to web, notifications, knowledge base and virtual assistant. You will be working within a multi-disciplinary agile team with other content writers, a product owner, IT delivery and user experience (UX) involvement.
The successful candidate will work embedded within the team to deliver content outcomes prioritised by a product owner. At times, you may be asked to work with stakeholders or subject matter experts to co-write content. The Department is seeking self-driven, curious individuals with a keen desire to learn, adapt, and make continuous improvement; being committed to seeing things through and delivering on key results and objectives.
Applicants should demonstrate an understanding of:
- Design and Delivery Process and Digital Service Standard
- Agile ways of working and scaled agile practices
- Content design best practices
- Writing plain-English content for digital platforms and notification messages
- Helping departmental business areas improve content by providing advice on readability, accessibility and writing in plain English
- Liaising between IT teams and policy teams to produce content that is fit-for-purpose
- Understanding complex user journeys and translating them in simple, everyday terms
- Attending planning meetings (stands-ups, showcases) and delivering content at very short notice
- Working well within the Customer Experience Platform team to deliver key goals and meet long-term strategy objectives
- Other administrative and writing tasks as directed
- Demonstrable experience advocating and educating teams about information architecture, evaluating content and workflows.
- Demonstrated experience in a Human Centred Design environment and agile ways of working, as part of a multi-disciplinary team (MDT).
- Formal education in marketing communications, journalism or related.
Location and Contract Term:
The role is Canberra based with an estimated start of early August. 12 month contract with options to extend for a further 2 periods of up to 12 months.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens. Must have the ability to obtain a baseline security clearance.
How to apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Kym 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Applications close Wednesday 28 July 2021