Cyber Security Engineer
|Job Title:||Cyber Security Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2021 10:51|
The Department require an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to join the Infrastructure Support team.
The Infrastructure Support team are responsible for the design, delivery and maintenance of Department managed infrastructure platforms, and provide infrastructure services to a range of internal and external stakeholders.
The Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for contributing to the operations of the Infrastructure Support team, including; maintenance and support of existing infrastructure, delivery of technical projects and improvements to departmental ICT systems, with a particular focus on supporting the Infrastructure Support team and the IT Security Advisor, to meet our cyber security requirements.
- Management and maintenance of security platforms across a range of environments.
- Undertake reporting, investigations, assessment and remediation of security threats for the IT Security Advisor.
- Contribute to solution design, in conjunction with Information Services Branch Architects and the CTO.
- Producing and reviewing project/services delivery documentation including Architecture, Designs, ‘As built documentation’ and Operating Procedures.
- Building and Maintaining Stakeholder relationships (Including Executives, Business Representatives, project Managers and staff across government).
- Coordination of projects under the direction of the CTO and Infrastructure Manager
- Complete a diverse range of technical tasks within a secure environment.
- Work as part of a high functioning multi-skilled team.
- Other duties as directed by Department Representatives.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated capability to scope, plan and execute on small projects – including managing, risks and issues, approvals and the balancing of multiple competing priorities.
- A strong working knowledge of the Information Security Manual (ISM), the Protective Security Framework Policy (PSFP), and other International Standards (ISO’s).
- Experience working as a security engineer for medium/large enterprise or federal government
- Understanding of system hardening solutions and configurations required to protect sensitive information
- The resource will demonstrate advanced skills in the following technologies:
- Windows Server technologies
- Implementation and management of SIEM technologies
- Web Proxy and Secure Email Gateway
- Multi Factor Authentication technologies
- Conditional Access and Security Policy Implementation
Location and Contract Term: This is a Canberra based role. Contract till 30 June 2022 with options to extend till June 2024 pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A NV1 security clearance is required for this role. (NV2 preferred)
How to Apply:
Applications close 1 August.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's