|Job Title:||Software Engineer|
|Start Date:||2021-07-22 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Maria Fabello|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2021 11:12|
The Department is seeking an experienced Software Engineer
• Writing robust, performant, production quality code and tests
• Identifying and applying appropriate design patterns and practices
• Providing a leading contribution to the design and code review processes
• Assisting delivery leadership with work planning and estimations
• Support the testing and deployment of the platform both internally and externally
• Working with project governance to ensure successful product delivery
• Fostering a positive, respectful, and delivery focused culture for the team.
The Department is currently operating on a mixed working from the office and home arrangement. The specified personnel may be required to work in the office for a minimum of 2-3 days per week and the remainder from home.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A graduate degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent software engineering skills, including 10+ years’ experience delivering production-grade software in mainstream general-purpose languages such as Scala, Python, Rust, Go or Java
- Production experience designing and implementing communication-intensive networked systems, including a strong understanding of communication workloads and security in this context.
- Prior product development experience, including work delivering research and development projects to production.
- Knowledge of web API design best practices and experience with modern API tools and platforms.
- Knowledge of enterprise integration patterns and practices and experience with integration and messaging platforms
- Strong understanding of SQL and experience with relational database systems
Location and Contract Term: This role can be located in Sydney or Canberra. 12 month contract with a 1 x 12 month contract extension option
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A NV1 security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 29 July.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Maria Luiza on 0480 002 461 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Software Systems Engineer (CI/CD / DevOps )Level 5 (TSPV)
Software Developer Level 4 (Python/Java/Kubernetes) (TSPV)
Software Developer - Cyber Security (multiple) Level 5 (TSPV)
Software Developer x 2 - Cyber Security (NV1)