|Job Title:||Scrum Master|
|Start Date:||2021-07-25 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||July 26, 2021 16:09|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for multiple experienced Scrum Masters who can work with and influence across teams, coaching them to self organise, structure, manage its work and achieve its goals. As a key source of knowledge of agile values, principles and practices, you will provide guidance on agile operating models and strategies for newly formed teams or projects and existing delivery areas, taking into account the context, team maturity, focus, priority, flow and value. You will be responsible for removing blockages/impediments, and working with Product Owners to optimise the delivery of value through a correctly prioritised backlog, aligning to the end state vision.
Your responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Coaching teams in agile values, principles and practices and model the agile mindset
- Planning, setting up and facilitating agile event including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Assisting the team to plan, understand and be accountable for achieving its goals
- Anticipating and addressing/removing blockers/impediments that the team may encounter so the team can remain focused on its goals
- Shaping the design of processes and practices used by the team based on their maturity and ensure team adherence to the agreed agile process rules
- Helping the team manage and resolve conflicts and challenges, and play a key role in improving team cohesion, motivation, dynamics and performance
- Creating an environment of trust and respect where issues or concerns can be raised safely
- Coaching the teams and to be self-managing, self-organising and continually improving
- Identifying and analysing risks and opportunities in relation to goal achievement or performance, develop change strategies for consideration of team, and monitor outcomes
- In collaboration with the Product Owner, reviewing and refining the product backlog, re- prioritising and re-assessing the relevance of tasks/stories
- Negotiating with product owners and stakeholders to protect the team from external influences impacting their ability to meet the agreed goals
- Co-ordinating with other teams as required to manage dependencies and support the team to deliver
- Representing the team/s in meetings, and relay information from that meeting back to the team
- Developing and delivering presentations, conducting rituals and events and being actively involved in communication and change activities involving stakeholders
- Researching agile trends, industry dynamics, frameworks and tooling to guide and improve the agency’s use of agile methodologies
- Minimum 5 years working in Agile environment with demonstrated work experience in large and/or complex environments
- Proven experience undertaking Scrum Master responsibilities, including current Certification
- Coach teams in agile values, principles and practices and model the agile mindset. Coach the teams and to be self-managing, self-organising and continually improving.
- Plan, set up and facilitate agile events, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives. Assist the team to plan, understand and be accountable for achieving its goals.
- Collaborate and negotiate with the Product Owner and other teams, to review and refine the product backlog, re-prioritise and re-assess the relevance of tasks/stories, and protect the team from external influences impacting their ability to meet the agreed goals.
- Represent the team/s in meetings, develop and deliver presentations
Contract Term: 30 September 2022 with multiple extension options up to 24 months
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Friday, 30 July 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's