VMware & Network Migration Engineer
|Job Title:||VMware & Network Migration Engineer|
|Start Date:||2021-07-27 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||July 28, 2021 17:51|
One of our Private clients is looking for an experienced VMware Network and Migration Engineer in Sydney.
You will be working closely with the lead architect to migrate business applications from one organisation to another, as well as deploy new services where required. You will have deep VMware skills and wide experience in using migration tools across geographically separate environments.
Your responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Configuring and managing VMware ESX clusters
- Ensuring migration paths are valid and optimised
- Resolution of escalated support issues
- Maintain up-to date documentation
- Some after hours and weekend work is required
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with VMware and related platforms
- VMware – ESX clusters, datastore management, networking (distributed switches), vMotion, HA,
- Networking – Deep Knowledge of networking within VMware, switching, routing & firewalls
- Storage: SANs, RAID and performance tuning
- Windows server operating systems (2003 – 2019)
- DMZs, DNS,
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- Experience in building, configuring and migrating applications and virtual machines (VMware) across Data Centres
- Knowledge of integration, data and application architecture
- Knowledge of public facing application architecture (DNS, NAT, DMZ)
- Ideally exposure to AWS and O365 environments
- Ability to work in a team environment
Contract Term: 6 months
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Monday, 02 August 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's