Senior Systems Engineer - Wintel
|Job Title:||Senior Systems Engineer - Wintel|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||July 29, 2021 14:02|
The Department to provide resources to assist in the following areas:
- Scoping, analysis, and project planning activities
- Consultancy services
- Storage, backup, virtualization, Wintel, and network engineering support
- Transition and change management activities
- Other strategic and tactical activities as agreed by the Department
- Approx. 80 infrastructure servers evenly split across Production and Lab Networks.
- Lab network comprises over 2000 virtual and physical machines for testing and development
- Predominantly VMWare Virtualisation.
- Predominantly Windows Active Directory.
- 150 Software Developers and Supporting Staff.
- Backup - CommVault, Dell Tape Library, Acronis, VeeAm.
- Antivirus – Mix of McAfee ePO, Windows Defender and Symantec VirusScan Enterprise.
- Windows 10 PC (90%) and Apple MacBook (10%).
- Dell Servers and Workstations.
- Cisco and Dell Switches and Routers.
- VMWare vSphere Virtualisation
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge equivalent to Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification – Windows Networking, Installing and Configuring Windows 2012-2016, File and Print Services, Remote Desktop Services, etc.
- Microsoft Windows 10 OS.
- Networking Fundamentals – TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Routing and Switching, Subnets, etc.
- Security and Compliance – Windows Software Update Services (WSUS), Antivirus and end-point protection (no particular vendor), adhering to corporate policies and standards, security audits.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery Concepts – Full vs incremental backups, tape rotation for offsite storage, backup of virtual machines, etc
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – 6 Month Contract with possible extensions
Must be an Australian Citizen. Baseline Security clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 2 August 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's