|Job Title:||Data Analyst|
|Salary:||Capped Daily Rate|
|Start Date:||2021-07-29 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||July 30, 2021 15:36|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for an experienced Senior Data Analyst who can understands customer’s data requirements and can analyse matching scenarios within the data management tools.
The role assists with the management of the organisation’s data assets in order to improve and maintain data quality. You will work under the limited direction of senior staff and exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy and in the application of practices and procedures. Decision making is dependent on judgement, skills and knowledge.
You will manage and organise your own work in the context of competing priorities, including contributing to business planning, changes in workplace practices and business improvement strategies. You may also be responsible for managing a team.
Your responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Perform administrative, technical and customising tasks in the data environment.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Control and assist with the data management process, including loading, creating, maintaining, analysing and distributing data.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Assist in the processing of data, including matching and maintaining specific object data.
- Develop data standards and provide input to strategy for the solution.
- Monitor data quality by undertaking periodic audits.
- Detect data inconsistencies and utilise defined error-handling procedures.
- A minimum of 2 years researching and interpreting complex data sets in a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst role
- Extensive knowledge of SQL.
- Extensive knowledge of data warehouse/Teradata technology.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Optional – experience with graphDB databases.
Contract Term: Until 30 September 2021 with multiple extension options.
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Thursday, 05 August 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's