Power BI Developer
|Job Title:||Power BI Developer|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2021 17:15|
Job title: Power BI Developer
Our Government client is currently seeking a Power BI Developer to join their team. Please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Our client is seeking to engage a Power BI Developer to support the Information and Knowledge Management Section. They are required to undertake decision-support tasks within the BI sub-section of Information and Knowledge Management Section.
Tasks will be primarily focussed on improvements to existing (Power BI for Reporting Services based) reports as well as development of new reports utilising the Power BI Cloud Services platform. Report developers will be also expected to have some understanding of the report-development life cycle, articulating data visualisation techniques with report-owners into graphic representations; and be able to work with limited supervision.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Creation and support for dashboards and reports,
- Performing certain data analysis as necessary,
- Data/dimensional modelling,
- Documentation of all development aspects,
- Quality assurance of own as well as peer decision-support products,
- Research and investigation into contemporary data visualisation approaches,
- Managing version testing of Power BI desktop changes.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Power BI development with Reporting Services (On-Prem) and Cloud Services versions
- Working knowledge and understanding of MS Sequel Server (including Analysis Server) database management and querying
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the following
- DAX coding o Visual Studio
- Data Visualisation (chart usage theory and practice)
- Data modelling within Power BI
- Dimensional modelling
- Report development documentation
- Experience in Power BI Cloud Services administration – user access, workspaces, publishing
- Understanding of Pro-active co-design/collaboration skills
- Other data visualisation application experience – i.e., Tableau or QLIK
Estimated start date: Monday 6th September 2021 (Pending reference check)
Contract term: 6 months, with a possible 6 month extension subject to approval
Eligibility / Other Requirements: To be eligible for temporary employment within the Australian Public Service you must be an Australian citizen. Hold a current CMTEDD issued Personnel Vetting Program certificate/clearance or ability to obtain and maintain a certificate/clearance (Negative Vetting Level 1, NV1) is mandatory.
Application closing date: Sunday 8th August 2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, rate expectation inclusive Super, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and responses to the selection criteria (up to 500 words per criteria) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Bellam on 6185 3999 or email email@example.com for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's