Java EE Developer
|Job Title:||Java EE Developer|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2021 17:46|
Job title: Java EE Developer
Our Government client is currently seeking a Java EE Developer to join their team. Please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Our client is seeking a Senior Java developer with DevOps experience to work as part of a team, to maintain, upgrade and extend existing software built on the Java EE framework. The successful applicant will be required to:
- Collaborate with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and deploy enterprise software, in accordance with software development standards.
- Help maintain and upgrade elements of the Java EE software stack, with particular focus on moving from the existing Jenkins CI/CD pipeline to Azure DevOps.
- In collaboration with other teams, investigate, analyse and resolve technical issues and application problems.
- Create technical documentation for design, reference and reporting.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Participate in peer-review of solution designs and related code. Develop unit tests and conduct integration testing.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high quality, secure, robust and scalable enterprise level software solutions using Java and Java EE.
- In-depth technical knowledge of Java frameworks. Experience configuring and optimising Java EE application servers and java CI/CD pipelines.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide service support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing complex technical issues.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining technical documentation, with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures to colleagues.
- A relevant Bachelor Degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification.
- Experience with Maven, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GIT, and PowerShell.
- Knowledge of Azure components such as App Services, API Management, Service Bus, Functions and Logic Apps.
- Experience with JBoss EAP and Apache Tomcat; including use of JMS, JPA and JSF.
- Experience with application performance monitoring and performance testing tools (e.g. Rational Performance Tester).
- Experience with MS SQL Server.
Estimated start date: Wednesday 1st September 2021 (Pending on reference check).
Contract term: To 30th June 2022.
Eligibility/Other Requirements: To be eligible for temporary employment within the Australian Public Service you must be an Australian citizen. Hold a current CMTEDD issued Personnel Vetting Program certificate/clearance or ability to obtain and maintain a certificate/clearance (Negative Vetting Level 1, NV1) is mandatory.
Application closing date: Sunday 8th August 2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, rate expectation inclusive Super, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and responses to the selection criteria (up to 500 words per criteria) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Bellam on 6185 3999 or email email@example.com for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Software Developer (Python / Java / UX) Level 4 (TSPV)
.Net Developer x 4 (NV1)
Sr. Software Developer (Linux/DEVOPS) (NV1)
(NV1) Senior Software Developer (Python)
Full Stack Developer (Contract or Perm)