|Job Title:||Server Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Connie Bellam|
|Job Published:||August 03, 2021 11:42|
Our Government client has a requirement for multiple suitably skilled and experienced Server Engineers within its IT Branch. The Server Engineer will work to provide support, planning and delivery.
About the role:
The primary duties of the Server Engineer will be to:
- Provide 2nd/3rd level support services to ensure business continuity of infrastructure, Microsoft Server and VMWare virtualised platforms;
- Participate in the design, support, testing, and deployment of IT infrastructure and applications;
- Develop and implement changes to departmental systems strictly in accordance with departmental change control procedures;
- Ensure that the tasks and progressive action history are duly recorded and concluded to the client’s satisfaction by participating in resolver groups as part of the problem resolution process;
- Transfer skills, provide documentation and exchange information on all relevant aspects of infrastructure, software development and support;
- Participate in any assigned project activity and endeavour to achieve outcomes in the most effective way;
- Maintain data and system integrity in accordance with Departmental policy, Security Instructions and Information Security Manual;
- In conjunction with Managers, prioritise, analyse and complete tasks according to the nature and urgency of requests;
- Ensure that the tasks and progressive action history are duly recorded and concluded to the client’s satisfaction;
- Must comply with all other relevant procedures and processes;
- Willingness to participate as required in any out of hours support and on call roster;
- Undertake other duties as required.
- Demonstrated relevant skills, experience and qualifications to provide the services;
- Availability to commence the services; and
- Competitiveness of hourly rate pricing.
Work, Health and Safety:
Mandatory training must be undertaken on commencement of a work order.
Specified Personnel may be required to access classified material.
Access to restricted IT systems.
Required to access secure buildings.
NV1 minimum security clearance will be required for this role.
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Canberra ACT, with an estimated start of Wednesday 1 September 2021 to 1 September 2022, with 2 x12 month extensions subject to approval.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens and must have current Negative Vetting level 1 clearance.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie Bellam 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's