|Job Title:||Linux Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||August 04, 2021 09:27|
Seeking a Linux Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular project updates to project managers, Team Leader
- Represent the department in customer engagements
- Identification of efficiency improvements to help the project achieve or exceed expectations
- Provide interface between Tools team and Managed Services requirements
- Provide clear and precise standards and documentation for operations and ensure conformity to company documentation standards
- Liaise between the customer and the Operations area about new procedures being implemented and related customer issues
- Aid Sales, other company personnel and customers as required, or as directed
- Interface with company Solution Architects for major project reviews. Review technologies for next wave solutions
- Present to Managed Services personnel on strategic solutions
- Perform billable project work as required
- Linux - Mandatory - preferred, min 5 years (10+ preferred)
- RHEL 7 & 8 with Ansible Automation (Mandatory)
- RHEL 5 & 6 with Puppet Automation, Satellite 6 Puppet, Shell scripting (mandatory), Cloud services e.g., Azure, AWS, VMware
- 5-7 + years working in the IT industry in a Linux implementation role, preferably with IT outsourcing experience.
- A solid understanding and adherence to the ITIL framework.
- Will have been responsible for major installations, proposals or projects, and will have successfully completed major tasks with a significant degree of assigned responsibility.
- Management and change management disciplines are essential.
- Personal and communication skills are essential for negotiation with other support groups and Enterprise Services customers.
- Experience with documentation of proposals and designs. This is a substantial requirement as they will be used for Production support.
Perth Based – 6 Month Contract with possible contract extension
Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close 9 August 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
dev Ops Engineer
Software Systems Engineer (CI/CD / DevOps )Level 5 (TSPV)
Cloud Automation Engineer – multiple positions Level 4 (TSPV)
Software Developer Level 4 (Linux/OpenStack or Cloud) (TSPV)