Solution Architect (ACT, NSW, QLD, VIC, Offsite)
|Job Title:||Solution Architect (ACT, NSW, QLD, VIC, Offsite)|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2021 09:54|
About the Role:
The Solution Architect will work under the direction of the Program Architect and be responsible for leading the planning, identification and definition of technology solutions for the assigned digital service project.
The successful candidate will liaise with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Developers and Release Managers to ensure software projects meet requirements and are delivered within the agreed time frame.
- Define and lead the development of solution architectures in collaboration with other team members (e.g., system users, business analysists, testers, architects, developers etc.).
- Represent solutions in forums to obtain endorsement.
- Retain overall ownership of solutions through delivery and transition into operation.
- Ensure designs meet key functional and non-functional requirements.
- Own and manage technical and solution risks working to reduce and mitigate at earliest opportunity.
- Provide guidance to technical teams so detailed designs align with target architecture, standards, and patterns.
- Act as technical lead and subject matter expert to ensure the technical solutions delivered are in line with business and technical requirements.
- Ensure that developers and testers fully understand the solution and elaborate on the solution design where required to achieve this goal.
- Lead the technology selection processes.
- A minimum of 5+ years in an architecture role and 10+ years in technology related role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computing or software engineering related discipline.
- Strong understanding of software, architecture frameworks, and corporate technology and trends (e.g., Microservices, Integration, Cloud).
- Experience delivering Solution Architecture and related artifacts (e.g., Solution Architecture document, Data Model specification, Integration Specification, Security Architecture Document etc.).
- Solid knowledge of architecture design patterns and strong experience with applying the correct pattern to the problem.
- Strong working experience with system interoperability contract design and API specification.
- Experience with architecting solutions using technologies including but not limited to Salesforce, MuleSoft, J2EE Stack, WebServcie (Rest/SOAP), GraphQL, API Gateway, Message Queuing and Cloud (Software-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service) technologies.
- Experience developing solutions leveraging Microservices architecture.
- Ability to present and communicate both business and technical concepts.
- Strong influencing skills with business and technical groups including ability to build networks across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with architectural frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and modelling.
- Experience working with Government systems and senior stakeholders.
Contract term: Contract till 30 June 2022
Eligibility/Other Requirements: To be eligible for temporary employment you must be in Australia on a visa with work rights or be an Australian citizen or PR. A CMTEDD Baseline security clearance is required for this role.
Application closing date: 12 August 2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, rate expectation inclusive Super, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and responses to the selection criteria (up to 500 words per criteria) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0480 002 460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's